Blog: Latest Bama News 12/4/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
"This is what you have to understand: it's an opinion," Franklin said. "But it's an educated opinion. I've coached in the ACC. I've coached in the Big 12. I've coached in the Pac-10. I've coached in the SEC. I've coached in the NFL. So I think I have a pretty good understanding of what these conferences are like and what our conference is like.

Vanderbilt's James Franklin explains controversial ballot-USA.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
On Monday, Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones was named The Associated Press SEC Defensive Player of the Year. A worthy candidate indeed when you look at his flashy resume. He finished the regular season third on Georgia's team with 77 tackles, first nationally in tackles for loss (22.5) and second in the SEC (fourth nationally) in sacks (12.5). He also led he country with seven forced fumbles. Not too bad for a player who battled injuries all year and played in just 11 of Georgia's 13 games. But this had to be a very, very tough vote. While Jones was fantastic in his second year in the SEC, he had some very stiff competition from the likes of South Carolina defensive endJadeveon Clowney, LSU linebacker Kevin Minter, Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley and Texas A&M defensive end Damontre Moore. All of them proved to be game-changers and all were worthy competition for Jones.
Let's take a look at their resumes:

SEC defensive player of the year a tough call-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Yahoo! Sports has published the National Football Post's mock draft for 2013, and the list includes five from Alabama in the first round. Under this prediction, Tide guard Chance Warmack would go fourth to Philadelphia, while Detroit would use the 10th pick on cornerback Dee Milliner. After that, offensive tackle D.J. Fluker to Chicago at No. 25, center Barrett Jones to Green Bay at No. 26 and noseguard Jesse Williams to San Francisco at No. 27.

National Football Post mock draft includes five from Tide in first round- Daily Bama Blog

I sure hope so!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Notre Dame is handling the long break between the regular season and the Jan. 7 BCS National Championship Game about like Alabama is.Then again, Irish coach Brian Kelly talked to other coaches about how to deal with the layoff, and more than one team has examined the way Nick Saban and his staff prepare for the BCS game. After all, he is 3-0 in national title contests.Last week and this week, Irish players have been focusing on conditioning, weightlifting and school work. It's a chance for players who may have lost a few pounds to get back up to weight and gain strength, he said. Notre Dame will hold its first practices on Friday and Saturday, then hold six more practices before players head home Dec. 21. They'll return to campus for practices Dec. 28-31, and then leave for Miami on Jan. 2. They will practice three times in Florida before the game.The early practices will have a preseason camp feel stressing fundamentals and giving younger players more work, then begin to fine tune the practices for Alabama as the game draws nearer, Kelly said.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
It wasn't hard to look at Amari Cooper's hands and see he could play receiver in the SEC. It wasn't difficult to see T.J. Yeldon's burst out of the backfield and know he'd continue the lineage of successful rookie running backs. It wasn't a strain to gauge Geno Smith's fluid hips and quick feet and assume he'd find a way onto one of the most complex and successful defenses in the country. While the world waited impatiently on the new-look Crimson Tide during the buildup to the season, the players witnessed it coming together behind closed doors. Throughout spring and fall camp at the University of Alabama, the veteran players saw it coming. The freshmen the world had yet to greet were practicing with them every day and they could see their potential. Nothing the former four- and five-star prospects would do during the season would surprise the veterans after going head to head with them under the watchful eye of coach Nick Saban.

A secret no more-TideNation ESPN

Freshmen Cooper and Yeldon have combined for 20 scores

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.