Blog: Latest Bama News 12/4/12

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
The regular season is done. The BCS pairings are set, and beyond the national championship game and the Fiesta Bowl you can color us underwhelmed. We can only hope that a selection committee, which comes on board after the 2014 regular season, gives us better games than the BCS pairings that we see this morning. No. 1 (Notre Dame) and No. 2 (Alabama) will play for the BCS Championship. But after that, here are the respective rankings of the other four BCS bowls:[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] Unranked (Wisconsin) vs. No. 6 (Stanford)
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] No. 3 (Florida) vs. No. 21 (Louisville)
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] No. 5 (Kansas State) vs. No. 4 (Oregon)
[SIZE=+1]•[/SIZE] No. 12 (Florida State) vs. No. 15 (Northern Illinois)

What We Learned: After title game, Fiesta, BCS bowls ordinary-CBSSports-Toney Barnhart

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010

P.F. in the picture...He was in N.Y. recently...wonder if he had anything to do with this article? It's a great read!
The statue sits in front of Bryant-Denny Stadium, in Tuscaloosa, which I visited this summer. The facility isn’t built like the traditional bowls at Michigan or Notre Dame or U.S.C.—it rises up in tiers, like an N.F.L. building. As I walked into the stadium with Cecil Hurt, who has covered the Crimson Tide for thirty years at the Tuscaloosa News, he noted where various expansions had taken place: when Bear Bryant became the coach, in the late fifties, the stadium seated thirty-one thousand. There are now over a hundred thousand seats, and Hurt pointed to various places where future expansion would take place. (Mostly of the luxury-box variety.) Standing in the end zone, I got goosebumps, and there wasn’t even anybody in the seats. I had the same reaction I had while watching John Calipari lead a tour of the new dorm for his Kentucky basketball players: given the choice, why would a high-school athlete go anywhere else? As we walked off the field, Hurt directed me to a tunnel on the north end of the stadium, leading from the Alabama locker room to a prime section of seats reserved for potential recruits. “Saban told somebody, ‘I want a wow factor when they walk in,’” Hurt said. The tunnel is lined on one side by a wall of the names and photos of recent Alabama players selected in the N.F.L. Draft, like a law school listing the ampersanded firms its graduates have joined. (No school has had a better job-placement rate: eleven Alabama players have been chosen in the first round in the past four years, more than from any other program.) On the opposite wall is a series of images telling the story of Mark Ingram, the...

ICYMI:

RISING TIDE-NewYorker.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The SEC is college football's No. 1 conference, so it's no surprise there's a lot of interest in the coaching positions at Tennessee, Auburn and Arkansas. Although each of the three schools has a lot of positives, is there much separating this trio? The Razorbacks and Volunteers have upgraded their facilities in recent years, while the Tigers are just two years removed from a national title.

Arkansas, Auburn or Tennessee: Which is the best job opening in the SEC?-Athlon Sports

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.