So Who Gets Your Heisman Vote?

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Not an Aggie fan, but I will say Johnny Football. TAMU had an NFL first round QB and was middle of the road in the Big12. Take most of the same kids plus Johnny Football to the SEC with a new offense and HC and do well. I love to watch the kid play. I will say that this is a much weaker class than last year when WR had four solid candidates.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My own view is this: which guy, if you took him off his team, would most affect that team's success?

I do see how an argument could be made for Klein. That said, TAMU had a .500 season last year, lost their QB, and an unrecruited kid has made them a borderline BCS winner. I think Notre Dame is still unbeaten even without Teo.

I'm not a fan of Johnny Barrel Jumper, but I admit he's good. It's the same reason I thought RG3 was right last year.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
My own view is this: which guy, if you took him off his team, would most affect that team's success?

I do see how an argument could be made for Klein. That said, TAMU had a .500 season last year, lost their QB, and an unrecruited kid has made them a borderline BCS winner. I think Notre Dame is still unbeaten even without Teo.

I'm not a fan of Johnny Barrel Jumper, but I admit he's good. It's the same reason I thought RG3 was right last year.
Those are criteria for an most valuable player award, not the most outstanding player.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
If Johnny wins, he'll be the second consecutive QB to win that Mack Brown offered as a DB. Some eye for talent.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
As bad as I dislike the Big 12, I really believe that Klein's body of work for the last couple of years has earned him the honor. He did it when everyone in the stadium knew he was going to be doing it. I'll be Manziel's biggest fan next year if he can come close to the same level of accomplishment when everyone know's he's coming (and how fast he is). Know this wasn't the question but I'd add that I don't believe there is a better football coach in America than Bill Snyder (sorry Nick) when you consider the talent he gets and what he's done with it at maybe the hardest place to recruit to outside of Corvalis, WA!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There may not be a next year for Manziel. I'm not saying he will get injured but take Tebow as an example: he set SEC and NCAA records in 2007 but his team improved so they kind of adjusted their gameplan to be more of a possession offense over the next two years. I'd argue that he was better in 2008 than 2007...he didn't have the numbers though.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
4,600 yards in the SEC? There shouldn't be any other finalist after putting up that many yards against SEC defenses. Even the best players have their off games like Manziel has, but for him to put up that many yards against the best says enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.