So Who Gets Your Heisman Vote?

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
For some strange reason I'm starting to arrive at the opinion that my choice of Manti Te'o is in the slight minority...lol
To tell you the truth, more of us just have Johnny Football imprinted on the brain than him.......hope that doesn't change :)

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Barrett Jones fits the description as to all the things that the Heisman is supposed to stand for. INCLUDING THE PART ABOUT BEING A GOOD, UPSTANDING PERSON!

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Barrett Jones fits the description as to all the things that the Heisman is supposed to stand for. INCLUDING THE PART ABOUT BEING A GOOD, UPSTANDING PERSON!
His grandfather was the AD at North Alabama when it was Florence State Teachers College. Just wanted to throw that in :) The Alma mater of my father, Whimp and Goober Pyle.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
Johnny Manzeil. Most electric, dynamic player on the field this season. had the ability to affect the outcome of a game with his arm or legs. broke the SEC record for total yardage; set by tim tebow who won the heisman, broken by cam newton who won the heisman, and then broken again by him. had a major game against us on the biggest of stages, in our home stadium, where he was the single biggest reason they won the game...made plays that were amazing.

...and TAMU would not be 10-2 coming into the SEC conference from the big12 without him and the plays he made, no doubt about that fact.

...Without a doubt should be the first freshman to get the award, IM humble O, of course.
What he said...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Manziel.

Can you imagine the amount of pressure that will be on him next season after he wins the Heisman? Crazy. Look how Scam is doing in the NFL in his second year. A lot of pressure on the young man.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Manziel.

Can you imagine the amount of pressure that will be on him next season after he wins the Heisman? Crazy. Look how Scam is doing in the NFL in his second year. A lot of pressure on the young man.
Good point.

Scam calculates a score for himself separate from the team and he's undefeated. He lets us know it with every touchdown :)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Johnny Manziel hands down. He would run circles around Teo.
He had 107 tackles for the season, thats 9 per game, and .6 int per game...impressive stats for a Linebacker, but they dont scream Heisman caliber to me...

...he just doesnt have the impact that a player like Manzeil or Klein does by affecting every play during a game.

Both those guys are more deserving of the heisman, IMO.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Manziel by several miles. Not even close. A&M is 6-6 or perhaps 7-5 without him. Any team he's on would benefit from his presence & leadership & skills. He demo'd his incredible abilities in the toughest defensive conference in the nation. Stats that blow away St. Tim's & Cam's. Plus, apparently he's a great young man too. Should be no contest.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Te'o doesn't deserve it, IMO. He's not even the best LB in the country. But the Notre Dame angle will win it for him, I think.

Manziel deserves it hands down, for the Alabama game alone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.