Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    CNS spends the first few bowl practices going over the fundamentals. Almost like fall camp. Then, the team goes over the gameplan.
    Right, but like a specific bowl plan. For example, ours was just announced:

Notre Dame Bowl Month Schedule:
    Dec 7th: 1st Practice (during day) & Awards Show (8pm)
    Dec 10-14: Finals Week
    Dec 21-27: Off for Christmas
    Dec 28-31: Return for practice in South Bend
    Jan 2: Departure for Miami
    Jan 3-5: Practice in Miami
    Jan 7: BCS National Championship Game
    ***Practice Dates: Dec 7, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 28, 29, 30, 31 Jan. 3, 4, 5

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Right, but like a specific bowl plan. For example, ours was just announced:

Notre Dame Bowl Month Schedule:
    Dec 7th: 1st Practice (during day) & Awards Show (8pm)
    Dec 10-14: Finals Week
    Dec 21-27: Off for Christmas
    Dec 28-31: Return for practice in South Bend
    Jan 2: Departure for Miami
    Jan 3-5: Practice in Miami
    Jan 7: BCS National Championship Game
    ***Practice Dates: Dec 7, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 28, 29, 30, 31 Jan. 3, 4, 5
    Finals are this week and next at UA, so the players won't practice until after that.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They'll probably spend half the allotted practice periods on fundamentals and "self-prep" (learning on our own offense and defense). I really don't think Saban spends more than one week of practices installing the gameplan. That isn't to say he isn't burning the midnight oil with his staff to create the gameplan.

It probably allows them to keep the team sharp but also invest time into creating a coherent and complete plan. Teams that start installing early keep on adding things on as they find more things to prepare against. Alabama has probably applied the KISS method. They determine what the opponent will do throughly then send it to the team to execute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    They'll probably spend half the allotted practice periods on fundamentals and "self-prep" (learning on our own offense and defense). I really don't think Saban spends more than one week of practices installing the gameplan. That isn't to say he isn't burning the midnight oil with his staff to create the gameplan.

It probably allows them to keep the team sharp but also invest time into creating a coherent and complete plan. Teams that start installing early keep on adding things on as they find more things to prepare against. Alabama has probably applied the KISS method. They determine what the opponent will do throughly then send it to the team to execute.
    It interested me that the last second deflection was a planned play, based on study of what UGA had done in the past - put in by Smart. Of course, the jumping the route part was planned. The deflection and catch by the wrong receiver was gravy...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it might keep them excited since it's still fairly new too. Kids don't get bored with the repetition. Sounds like a great way to do things.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I mean, Saban is 4-1 in bowl games here and the one loss I think external factors got to the team. The loss to Florida crushed them, losing Andre Smith hurt the OL which didn't have much depth in year two, and Urban Meyer handed Utah's staff the Florida gameplan from the SECCG.

The players may have wanted another shot with Florida in 2009 to win, but I think our staff kind of wanted to embarrass Florida's staff for trying to help an opponent of an SEC team in a bowl game. I may be wrong about that...but I do know Urban Meyer spoke with Utah's staff a few times leading up to their game.
    Last edited by rgw; December 5th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It interested me that the last second deflection was a planned play, based on study of what UGA had done in the past - put in by Smart. Of course, the jumping the route part was planned. The deflection and catch by the wrong receiver was gravy...
    i'm really impressed that our d was able to do that on the fly under extreme duress.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, Saban is 4-1 in bowl games here and the one loss I think external factors got to the team. The loss to Florida crushed them, losing Andre Smith hurt the OL which didn't have much depth in year two, and Urban Meyer handed Utah's staff the Florida gameplan from the SECCG.

The players may have wanted another shot with Florida in 2009 to win, but I think our staff kind of wanted to embarrass Florida's staff for trying to help an opponent of an SEC team in a bowl game. I may be wrong about that...but I do know Urban Meyer spoke with Utah's staff a few times leading up to their game.
    yeah, i think we can safely say that saban won that back and forth with urban
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    I'll give him Auburn too. He would have started at Auburn.
    Good call, i had forgot all about them, i guess thats how bad it is on the Plains right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Then we'll hit them at both ends...
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    But using the Michigan game as prima facie evidence that it will happen is insufficient.
    I wasn't aware that I was guilty of that. I posted the links because I thought they might be of interest. I don't know much about Notre Dame's team, and I thought that the thoughts of an outside source that had played both teams was interesting. I'm aware that the results of those two games will have little to no impact on our upcoming game. We have at least four players that contributed against Michigan that you won't have to plan for. For example, our offensive gameplans have been affected by the loss of Fowler.

I will try to ensure that I don't offend your sensibilities in the future.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by sabanball View Post
    And here come the Irish...

Soooo, who is nd???

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Won't ND be surprised when our fans show up wearing shoes...

I've always liked the fact that ND has always been so full of themselves.
    They and the nations sports writers are sure to prop them up big time...
    (Gives them further to fall)

ND has 'Touch Down Jesus'... We have Coach Saban.
    ND is counting on history... We are counting on Alabama Football.
    # 15 is coming in January...
    Hey, there's another element you left out...

They may have Touchdown Jesus, but Walks-On-Water Bryant has taken a seat upstairs too.

In my opinion, some of the criticism of dumb southerners is valid, but when it comes from northerners it doesn't sit well with us.
    Last edited by Chukker Veteran; December 6th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.