ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com
I also visited their boards a few days ago. It is like they have been living in their own reality, their own alternate universe. This was a waste of time if you wanted to learn something about reality. However, it was amusing.

Of all the rival teams’ boards I have visited over the years, this was a very different experience. Reality has a harsh way of descending upon folks like this.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
i love that they have to invent ways to think they will win...check this statement out:

Something else that is in ND favor is the smart factor.. i said it another thread and will say it here. SEC recruits to win football games and academics are not necessarily a big thing. You never hear the sec brag about their graduation rates. A lot of these kids in the sec could not gain admittance in a lot of schools and ND being one. Don't devalue the the "smart" value on the field, its a huge edge for ND, one of the reasons for their success in close games imo. They don't make a lot of mistakes and usually take advantage of the opponents.

not sure how he explains Notre Dame's insignificance over the past 20 years since they're so smart :)
This bloke must not be a Notre Dame alum because I count about 10 grammar errors in that little diatribe.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
ND fans are exactly like State Penn fans. They live in their own world assuming that the rest of us are even remotely interested in what is going on with their football program. 2 decades of irrelevance hasn't changed that delusion...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
i don't see the richt choice not to spike the ball as bad as others do. murray was carving our defense apart with three straight 15+ yard completions. i believe they thought we were on our heels and didn't want to give us time to regroup. plus, if the pass had sailed out of bounds or not been caught they would have had another play.

that said, does anyone expect anything less than "they're all a bunch of toothless inbreds" from the ND crowd? that place is more upper-class snotty white kid than a wilco concert.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Ive been to a few of their message boards, some of their fans are sensible, but it seems most are over the top, just crazy, i guess they live in their own Nutter Dumb world.

The act like their QB is a big positive for them, but McCarron is just a game manager.

Their TE is supposedly unstoppable, no one can cover the guy.

Bama ran on Georgia, but Georgia sucks on defense.

And some of their fans must not even be aware of the Vegas line and pay attention to the rest of the NCAA very much, in their minds ND is the favorite team and they are going to put a whipping on the "Gumps" LOL.
I have been to their board on Rivals, and I agree with the parts that I bolded. A lot of it has to do with the fact that, other than the first two years under Charlie Weis, they haven't accomplished all that much, and now that they're good, some of them act like they're such hot stuff, despite the fact that they haven't even won the NCG yet.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I might have made the mistake of going to look at some of the fans sights and message boards of our NC opponent. It seems they want to take both sides of the coin. One side - We are big bad Alabama and they are the scrappy underdogs that will ultimately prevail. Sort of like Ivan Drago vs Rocky in Rocky IV (http://www.subwaydomer.com/2012-articles/december/notre-dame-v-alabama-rocky-iv.html). The other side is the one where Alabama is so terribly overrated and this is just going to be total domination by them over us.

Just a friendly warning, don't go to their message boards. A lot of it is just stereotypical southern dumb jokes that will only tick you off. The football talk is just very uninformed and juvenile. RTR!!
If you were to take your typical current Notre Dame fan, he would look like this: guy from a northern state who hasn't watched college football in the last 20 years, wearing a ND sweatshirt and pretending he is a college football expert. Sad but that's how it is.

MVKTR2

1st Team
May 29, 2008
Hmmm seems this description might fit, here's a visual aid. To be clear in this allegory the car represents Alabama and the brown shirts represent ND... all wet behind the ears! ;)

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
I wonder how all those ignorant, redneck Bama fans can control a vast nationwide conspiracy.Between fixing games, controlling the BCS, and manipulating the media...the REC does it all. :wink: Petty good for a bunch of ignorant rednecks I'd say...doesn't speak to well for the rest of the cfb world. :eek: hahahahaha

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
i don't see the richt choice not to spike the ball as bad as others do. murray was carving our defense apart with three straight 15+ yard completions. i believe they thought we were on our heels and didn't want to give us time to regroup. plus, if the pass had sailed out of bounds or not been caught they would have had another play.

that said, does anyone expect anything less than "they're all a bunch of toothless inbreds" from the ND crowd? that place is more upper-class snotty white kid than a wilco concert.
One reason we were on our heels was we thought the game was over with INT. sometimes its hard to refocus. Just saying.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

Only one point I wanna make on the non spike. That call was obviously Richt's planned playcall. If he spikes it, runs that play, same outcome, clock still runs out, Dawgs still lose. Anything else is just wishful thinking and speculation. But living in Georgia I will probably be hearing about it for another 32 years.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Only one point I wanna make on the non spike. That call was obviously Richt's planned playcall. If he spikes it, runs that play, same outcome, clock still runs out, Dawgs still lose. Anything else is just wishful thinking and speculation. But living in Georgia I will probably be hearing about it for another 32 years.
Haha, whatever we do, don't let's talk about Alabama football wins! ;)

/briarpatch

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I don't think too many people outside of South Bend believe that Indiana is the center of higher culture.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
If you were to take your typical current Notre Dame fan, he would look like this: guy from a northern state who hasn't watched college football in the last 20 years, wearing a ND sweatshirt and pretending he is a college football expert. Sad but that's how it is.
I concur. That has been 95% of the ND folks I've run into in DC and California.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL
"We are much the more physical defense than Georgia. And better conditioned. And probably deeper."

I like how the reasoning devolves into blatant speculation. Why stop at the first point when it's clear to this guy/gal that ND is better in every facet?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I used to live in NYC, when I attended NYU, and lived with, probably, millions of ND fans. Some of the descriptions above are apt. "Clueless" is about the kindest term I can think of to describe them. Usually, I glance at our rival's boards, but not this time. I know what to expect - a mass of people ignorant about football, and, well, just ignorant generally, who can only think in terms of stereotypes. So, any intelligent discourse with them about the game is about as fruitless as mud-wrestling a pig, and, since you guys know the rest of the saying, I don't need to repeat it...

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Lol. I guess our graduation rate statistics haven't made it to South Bend (or the # of athletes in all sports at Bama on SEC Academic Team). It also just illustrates the distorted (among other adjectives I don't want to use on the forum) view Yanks have of those of us south of the Mason Dixon line.
Stereotyping a whole group of people is never a good thing. Of course you just did that with your post. Unfortunately we have too many people they can point to as proof of their reasoning and they have plenty of people we can point to that proves your point.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.