Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

If we didn't have so many athletes going pro, how much higher would our Grad rate be?

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    If we didn't have so many athletes going pro, how much higher would our Grad rate be?
    Not positive, but I would think some of those guys leave with a degree.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    Ive been to a few of their message boards, some of their fans are sensible, but it seems most are over the top, just crazy, i guess they live in their own Nutter Dumb world.

The act like their QB is a big positive for them, but McCarron is just a game manager.

Their TE is supposedly unstoppable, no one can cover the guy.

Bama ran on Georgia, but Georgia sucks on defense.

And some of their fans must not even be aware of the Vegas line and pay attention to the rest of the NCAA very much, in their minds ND is the favorite team and they are going to put a whipping on the "Gumps" LOL.
    I have been to their board on Rivals, and I agree with the parts that I bolded. A lot of it has to do with the fact that, other than the first two years under Charlie Weis, they haven't accomplished all that much, and now that they're good, some of them act like they're such hot stuff, despite the fact that they haven't even won the NCG yet.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arkytider68 View Post
    I might have made the mistake of going to look at some of the fans sights and message boards of our NC opponent. It seems they want to take both sides of the coin. One side - We are big bad Alabama and they are the scrappy underdogs that will ultimately prevail. Sort of like Ivan Drago vs Rocky in Rocky IV (http://www.subwaydomer.com/2012-arti...-rocky-iv.html). The other side is the one where Alabama is so terribly overrated and this is just going to be total domination by them over us.

Just a friendly warning, don't go to their message boards. A lot of it is just stereotypical southern dumb jokes that will only tick you off. The football talk is just very uninformed and juvenile. RTR!!
    If you were to take your typical current Notre Dame fan, he would look like this: guy from a northern state who hasn't watched college football in the last 20 years, wearing a ND sweatshirt and pretending he is a college football expert. Sad but that's how it is.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Hmmm seems this description might fit, here's a visual aid. To be clear in this allegory the car represents Alabama and the brown shirts represent ND... all wet behind the ears!

Friends don't let friends drink Bud Miller or Coors!
    Good people drink good bier!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I wonder how all those ignorant, redneck Bama fans can control a vast nationwide conspiracy.Between fixing games, controlling the BCS, and manipulating the media...the REC does it all. Petty good for a bunch of ignorant rednecks I'd say...doesn't speak to well for the rest of the cfb world. hahahahaha
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i don't see the richt choice not to spike the ball as bad as others do. murray was carving our defense apart with three straight 15+ yard completions. i believe they thought we were on our heels and didn't want to give us time to regroup. plus, if the pass had sailed out of bounds or not been caught they would have had another play.

that said, does anyone expect anything less than "they're all a bunch of toothless inbreds" from the ND crowd? that place is more upper-class snotty white kid than a wilco concert.
    One reason we were on our heels was we thought the game was over with INT. sometimes its hard to refocus. Just saying.

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i don't see the richt choice not to spike the ball as bad as others do. murray was carving our defense apart with three straight 15+ yard completions. i believe they thought we were on our heels and didn't want to give us time to regroup. plus, if the pass had sailed out of bounds or not been caught they would have had another play.

that said, does anyone expect anything less than "they're all a bunch of toothless inbreds" from the ND crowd? that place is more upper-class snotty white kid than a wilco concert.
    Only one point I wanna make on the non spike. That call was obviously Richt's planned playcall. If he spikes it, runs that play, same outcome, clock still runs out, Dawgs still lose. Anything else is just wishful thinking and speculation. But living in Georgia I will probably be hearing about it for another 32 years.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    Only one point I wanna make on the non spike. That call was obviously Richt's planned playcall. If he spikes it, runs that play, same outcome, clock still runs out, Dawgs still lose. Anything else is just wishful thinking and speculation. But living in Georgia I will probably be hearing about it for another 32 years.
    Haha, whatever we do, don't let's talk about Alabama football wins!

/briarpatch
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think too many people outside of South Bend believe that Indiana is the center of higher culture.

BamaNation All-American Tider@GW_Law's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    If you were to take your typical current Notre Dame fan, he would look like this: guy from a northern state who hasn't watched college football in the last 20 years, wearing a ND sweatshirt and pretending he is a college football expert. Sad but that's how it is.
    I concur. That has been 95% of the ND folks I've run into in DC and California.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like

"We are much the more physical defense than Georgia. And better conditioned. And probably deeper."

I like how the reasoning devolves into blatant speculation. Why stop at the first point when it's clear to this guy/gal that ND is better in every facet?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to live in NYC, when I attended NYU, and lived with, probably, millions of ND fans. Some of the descriptions above are apt. "Clueless" is about the kindest term I can think of to describe them. Usually, I glance at our rival's boards, but not this time. I know what to expect - a mass of people ignorant about football, and, well, just ignorant generally, who can only think in terms of stereotypes. So, any intelligent discourse with them about the game is about as fruitless as mud-wrestling a pig, and, since you guys know the rest of the saying, I don't need to repeat it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus