Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Suspended

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    Lol. I guess our graduation rate statistics haven't made it to South Bend (or the # of athletes in all sports at Bama on SEC Academic Team). It also just illustrates the distorted (among other adjectives I don't want to use on the forum) view Yanks have of those of us south of the Mason Dixon line.
    Stereotyping a whole group of people is never a good thing. Of course you just did that with your post. Unfortunately we have too many people they can point to as proof of their reasoning and they have plenty of people we can point to that proves your point.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I don't think that poster went to ND. At least he does not seem to be smart enough for ND...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    i love that they have to invent ways to think they will win...check this statement out:

Something else that is in ND favor is the smart factor.. i said it another thread and will say it here. SEC recruits to win football games and academics are not necessarily a big thing. You never hear the sec brag about their graduation rates. A lot of these kids in the sec could not gain admittance in a lot of schools and ND being one. Don't devalue the the "smart" value on the field, its a huge edge for ND, one of the reasons for their success in close games imo. They don't make a lot of mistakes and usually take advantage of the opponents.

not sure how he explains Notre Dame's insignificance over the past 20 years since they're so smart

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Are you guys aware of what a subway domer is...It is someone who did not go to Notre Dame. That is why I am suggesting that you not go to subway domer forums. It's not great.

We have had multiple bama fans come on our board to talk fball. They have been super cool and it has been cordial. Irishenvy.com/forums.

Taking one post and making a sweeping generalization about the rest of ND fans is exactly what you accuse us of doing. Can we please be rational?

BamaNation All-American Airborne Tider's Avatar
    My Mood
    Hot on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Are you guys aware of what a subway domer is...It is someone who did not go to Notre Dame. That is why I am suggesting that you not go to subway domer forums. It's not great.

We have had multiple bama fans come on our board to talk fball. They have been super cool and it has been cordial. Irishenvy.com/forums.

Taking one post and making a sweeping generalization about the rest of ND fans is exactly what you accuse us of doing. Can we please be rational?
    Most people are basing their opinions off of a lifetime of Domers. Not saying you guys are all bad, we all have goobers. In fact I actually know some very knowledgeable and friendly Notre Dame fans.
    U.S. Army Pathfinders
    "First In, Last Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post
    Most people are basing their opinions off of a lifetime of Domers. Not saying you guys are all bad, we all have goobers. In fact I actually know some very knowledgeable and friendly Notre Dame fans.
    There are some cocky ones, for sure. We try to keep the southern stuff minimal on our board. I would start rubbing the Barrett Jones Campbell award in some cocky ND faces if I were you.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

See I don't have a hatred for ND because I wasn't born yet back when we were playing them consistently. I just know they are the next on our schedule so I don't like them. Now Auburn is a little different story...
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

To worship You, I live
    To worship You, I live
    I live to worship You. -
    Israel Houghton

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post

Here is their clever t-shirt design.

I prefer a something a little more straight forward. Maybe Pedophiles vs Pachyderms?
    On NDNation, that shirt was mocked, for all the right reasons...

This is one of my favorite things I have found while browsing their boards.

Also to note is that one of Bama's D, I think Quincy, will likely be suspended for the NC due to helmet to helmet hit.
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

Have you guys seen this...straight made by Auburn into a t-shirt per two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    There are some cocky ones, for sure. We try to keep the southern stuff minimal on our board. I would start rubbing the Barrett Jones Campbell award in some cocky ND faces if I were you.
    You've been a good rival visitor. Where is your home board?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Irishenvy.com. Good site.

BamaNation First Team Bigalstide1877's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Wow the domers are smoking some goooood stuff aint they.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Sir, as with many of your posters, we visit other boards too. You have some very good posters here, and some that fall below very good. ND boards have the same, and probably the same proportions.

What I find funny, is this thread is doing the exact same things you're complaining about. Isn't that a bit ironic? They are touting ND on ND boards, and Alabama fans are doing the same thing on Alabama boards. ND fans are taking shots at Alabama, Alabama fans, and trying to entertain themselves until January 7th. I see the exact same things happening on Alabama boards. We're no different than you are. No better and no worse.
    The only difference is the object of the affection on a given message board.

Any semi intelligent human being knows, a good education can be obtained at almost any institution of higher learning. It matters little what name is over the front doors. What is important is what you do with the tools they give you, and what you're willing to give. ND boards have their fair share of people who can't grasp that concept, and I'm sure the Alabama boards do too.

I think both fan bases have a healthy fear of the opponent. All of us know, ANYTHING can happen on a given day. I'm sure Alabama fans know people don't take shots at something they couldn't care about. ND fans are worried about Alabama, and rightfully so. Some of them think, if they can find a way to diminish you, they can add some confidence about the game. I'm seeing the same thing on the Alabama boards, which actually surprises me. Your team, and program, is what everyone is striving to be.