Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

What cracks me up is the media talking about how we put up over 300 rushing yards against the Dawgs and then saying we "COULDN"T" do that against Teo....lmbo...yeah...ok...whatever!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Bigalstide1877's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Wow some of there reasons they think they can beat us are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by SoINIrishFan View Post
    Sir, as with many of your posters, we visit other boards too. You have some very good posters here, and some that fall below very good. ND boards have the same, and probably the same proportions.

What I find funny, is this thread is doing the exact same things you're complaining about. Isn't that a bit ironic? They are touting ND on ND boards, and Alabama fans are doing the same thing on Alabama boards. ND fans are taking shots at Alabama, Alabama fans, and trying to entertain themselves until January 7th. I see the exact same things happening on Alabama boards. We're no different than you are. No better and no worse.
    The only difference is the object of the affection on a given message board.

Any semi intelligent human being knows, a good education can be obtained at almost any institution of higher learning. It matters little what name is over the front doors. What is important is what you do with the tools they give you, and what you're willing to give. ND boards have their fair share of people who can't grasp that concept, and I'm sure the Alabama boards do too.

I think both fan bases have a healthy fear of the opponent. All of us know, ANYTHING can happen on a given day. I'm sure Alabama fans know people don't take shots at something they couldn't care about. ND fans are worried about Alabama, and rightfully so. Some of them think, if they can find a way to diminish you, they can add some confidence about the game. I'm seeing the same thing on the Alabama boards, which actually surprises me. Your team, and program, is what everyone is striving to be.
    Here's what you're missing. ND is not the flagship school of any state, certainly not of Indiana. In fact, if anything, it's the flagship school of a particular denomination of Christianity. If I could make myself comfortable on any rival board, made up predominately of folk from the north, which didn't demonize the South in general, and the State of Alabama in particular, I'd happily visit or even participate. So far, I've not found such a board. The demonizing is what really gets under our skin, particularly the tendency to fight the battles of the Civil War and the pains of desegregation all over again. It's particularly irritating when my families were Union people and the people I find myself arguing with didn't even have any ancestors in this country at the time of the Civil War. I'm going to visit "Friendly's" board and see if Notre Dame's fans there have finally matured enough to move the discussion to football and only football. I'm not optimistic, but I'll at least sample and see if I can stand reading the posts. I live in a city with the second largest high-tech center in the country, with an educational level and per capita income level far above, for example, Indiana, and I get a bit tired of condescension from people who can't even spell the word...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Second Team FriendlyIrish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhm54 View Post
    This is one of my favorite things I have found while browsing their boards.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    You must not have read lower to when someone corrected him. Nice call though!!

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

What ever happened to Kim Dunbar? She was the one that embezzled a large sum of money from her employer and gave it to a few ND players and then got knocked up by one of them. Didn't ND get a slap on the wrist as a penalty?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar

Well, i went over to the Irishenvy forums.
    They have a thread about the A&M game that we lost.

They seem to think they can just copy what A&M did in that game, with Golson playing the part of Johnny Manziel.

BamaNation First Team

Just went over there and it literally took me 3 minutes to find the irrational south bashing and stereotypical thinking that Tide-HSV was referring to.

Amuse yourselves with that all you like. Most of us will probably just choose to stick around here where our uneducated southern minds aren't overloaded by the supreme intelligence factor that seems to exist among the Irish fanbase.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post

They seem to think they can just copy what A&M did in that game, with Golson playing the part of Johnny Manziel.

Gholson is a dynamic player, but a Johnny Manziel he's not!
    I'd love to see them copy their gameplan, because their team just isnt set up for that..

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    Just went over there and it literally took me 3 minutes to find the irrational south bashing and stereotypical thinking that Tide-HSV was referring to.

Amuse yourselves with that all you like. Most of us will probably just choose to stick around here where our uneducated southern minds aren't overloaded by the supreme intelligence factor that seems to exist among the Irish fanbase.
    'em Irish fans are some smart folks, yessir,...just ask 'em!

BamaNation First Team

I saw that thread too. They're actually "scouting" the Bama/aTm game looking for ways to exploit Alabama.

I'm actually surprised that they could find time to do something like this considering all the time they spend factoring quadratic expressions, discussing the roles of fiscal policy and aggregate demand, and patting themselves on the back.

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

It's funny. We struggled with the option last year against LSU, LSU tried to strictly work the option~Failed MISERABLY!!!

We have struggled with the no-huddle this year against LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia a little bit. I see ND trying to replicate this and failing MISERABLY!!!
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

That thinking is so flawed. The media doesn't see the flaw in it, either. That is why it continues to bring up the issues in the A&M game.

How difficult is it for people to watch that game realize "A&M scored 29 points, and 20 of those were in the first quarter." Once the game settled down for Bama (aka adjusting to Scooby's speed), Bama was fine. A&M did not just whip Alabama like they did Auburn. That game was only different from A&M's games against LSU and Florida in one aspect - Alabama gave up 20 points rather than 14 and couldn't come back.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    I saw that thread too. They're actually "scouting" the Bama/aTm game looking for ways to exploit Alabama.

I'm actually surprised that they could find time to do something like this considering all the time they spend factoring quadratic expressions, discussing the roles of fiscal policy and aggregate demand, and patting themselves on the back.
    Do they even know for sure what they need to do to beat us? I know we are talking about fans (Irish posters) here, but let's just hope Kelly and company are thinking this too.

Are they going to play smash-mouth football OR are they going to try to spread us out and let Golson "try" to be Johnny Football?

Don't think they'll successfully do either, but they better commit to something and get real good at it in the next 30 days.