Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That thinking is so flawed. The media doesn't see the flaw in it, either. That is why it continues to bring up the issues in the A&M game.

How difficult is it for people to watch that game realize "A&M scored 29 points, and 20 of those were in the first quarter." Once the game settled down for Bama (aka adjusting to Scooby's speed), Bama was fine. A&M did not just whip Alabama like they did Auburn. That game was only different from A&M's games against LSU and Florida in one aspect - Alabama gave up 20 points rather than 14 and couldn't come back.
    Yep. The AJ interception on the second possession really was a back breaker.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That thinking is so flawed. The media doesn't see the flaw in it, either. That is why it continues to bring up the issues in the A&M game.

How difficult is it for people to watch that game realize "A&M scored 29 points, and 20 of those were in the first quarter." Once the game settled down for Bama (aka adjusting to Scooby's speed), Bama was fine. A&M did not just whip Alabama like they did Auburn. That game was only different from A&M's games against LSU and Florida in one aspect - Alabama gave up 20 points rather than 14 and couldn't come back.
    Also, A&M is top 5 in total offense and scoring offense, has a Heisman type QB.
    ND isn't even on the same planet as an offensive team, and im not sure their QB would even start at most SEC schools, maybe Kentucky and Missouri.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Do they even know for sure what they need to do to beat us? I know we are talking about fans (Irish posters) here, but let's just hope Kelly and company are thinking this too.

Are they going to play smash-mouth football OR are they going to try to spread us out and let Golson "try" to be Johnny Football?

Don't think they'll successfully do either, but they better commit to something and get real good at it in the next 30 days.

Well that's the thing, they don't really have an identity on offense. The identity of their football team is the defense.

The identity of their offense in my opinion, is the versatility of it. They have a 6'6", 250 pound All-American TE that they like to use split out wide to get him matched up on smaller DB's, as opposed to in-line in order to create an extra gap along the LOS and pound the football.

They like to use the Riddick kid as a RB and WR... catching passes out of the backfield matched up on a linebacker, etc.

I'm not sure what they'll commit to in the next 30 days, but I believe they'll "do what they do", so to speak. Their offense relies on matchups as opposed to execution.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It would be unwise to discount Notre Dame. I respect any team that can run the ball and stop the run.

The difference will likely come down to what QB plays better. In terms of development and consistency, McCarron is far ahead of Golson. Golson, though, will be playing our defense which has been ineffective at rushing passers this season and he's a guy who can extend plays with his feet (though nowhere near the degree Manziel can).

I doubt either team will be able to win by completely relying on their offensive strong suit. They will have to make passes down field to win. In that regard, I think it is close.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think I'll just wait until after the NC game to visit their boards. I want to see what excuses they give for letting a team of "dumb, ignorant, toothless rednecks" whup up on their team of Rhodes scholars. Should be some good'uns!
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Tider View Post

Here is their clever t-shirt design.

I prefer a something a little more straight forward. Maybe Pedophiles vs Pachyderms?

I'm stealing that where need be.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Have to admit I liked this one:

Alabama rushing power vs. Notre Dame front seven power might create supercollider fusions leading to Black Holes in Miami.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar

They have a 6'6", 250 pound All-American TE that they like to use split out wide to get him matched up on smaller DB's, as opposed to in-line in order to create an extra gap along the LOS and pound the football.

They like to use the Riddick kid as a RB and WR... catching passes out of the backfield matched up on a linebacker, etc.
    So, who would we have covering those two? Moseley on their TE and Geno Smith on Riddick? I'd love to hear what others with a deeper knowledge of our defense think about how they think we would defend ND.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoINIrishFan View Post
    Sir, as with many of your posters, we visit other boards too. You have some very good posters here, and some that fall below very good. ND boards have the same, and probably the same proportions.

What I find funny, is this thread is doing the exact same things you're complaining about. Isn't that a bit ironic? They are touting ND on ND boards, and Alabama fans are doing the same thing on Alabama boards. ND fans are taking shots at Alabama, Alabama fans, and trying to entertain themselves until January 7th. I see the exact same things happening on Alabama boards. We're no different than you are. No better and no worse.
    The only difference is the object of the affection on a given message board.

Any semi intelligent human being knows, a good education can be obtained at almost any institution of higher learning. It matters little what name is over the front doors. What is important is what you do with the tools they give you, and what you're willing to give. ND boards have their fair share of people who can't grasp that concept, and I'm sure the Alabama boards do too.

I think both fan bases have a healthy fear of the opponent. All of us know, ANYTHING can happen on a given day. I'm sure Alabama fans know people don't take shots at something they couldn't care about. ND fans are worried about Alabama, and rightfully so. Some of them think, if they can find a way to diminish you, they can add some confidence about the game. I'm seeing the same thing on the Alabama boards, which actually surprises me. Your team, and program, is what everyone is striving to be.
    Do you have any Grey Poupon?
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This game will be extremely tough for us to win:

We usually don't do well against a 2-dimensional QB
    Their rush defense is in the top 5 ... UGA's was #65 or thereabouts
    Their front seven plays the rush and they don't need the secondary on rushes.
    This will force us to win through the air -- something we don't do well.

If I'm predicting a final score, it's 17-14 Bama and even that barely (wouldn't be surprised if we lost). This will be a very tight game. I hope I end up being made a fool though. Nothing would make me happier.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Yep. The AJ interception on the second possession really was a back breaker.
    Yep. Not discrediting A&M's performance by any means, but the stats don't tell the entire story of that game. Watch the film and realize the INT was caused by a perfectly placed helmet. It then resulted in a TD where everyone in the stadium, except Johnny, and watching the game thought Johnny fumbled. He threw to a wide open Swope because Vinnie begins running towards the DL to celebrate the sack.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar

Do you have any Grey Poupon?
    Riz, I think what he heard you say (in the best possible Karl Childers voice) was: "Whatcha got in 'ere is good t'eat mmmhmm?"
    Last edited by fundytide; December 5th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

"On the other side of the ball, our schedule prepared us pretty well for Bama's run D. We faced #2 BYU, #3 Stanford, and #8 MSU. There's definitely something to be said for being battle-tested."