Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    "On the other side of the ball, our schedule prepared us pretty well for Bama's run D. We faced #2 BYU, #3 Stanford, and #8 MSU. There's definitely something to be said for being battle-tested."
    In what universe is BYU number 2 and Michigan State number 8?

Michigan State stunk this year. Oh and by the way... the worst Nick Saban team of the past 5 years beat the best Michigan State team of the past 40 years 49-7.

2. Advertisement

Nick Saban's worst record, not exactly the worst team. I think that team healthy may actually be the most talented to ever walk out behind CNS.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post

Michigan State stunk this year. Oh and by the way... the worst Nick Saban team of the past 5 years beat the best Michigan State team of the past 40 years 49-7.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post

They're talking about run defense. BYU has the #2 ranked run defense in terms of yards/game and yards/carry given up....behind Alabama.

Stanford ranked #3 in yards/game and #5 in yards/carry... and Michigan St. #8 in yards/game and #15 in yards/carry.

I think Alabama fans understand how skewed some of these rush defense statistics can be (see Texas 2009, etc.)

BamaNation First Team fundytide's Avatar

Oh and by the way... the worst Nick Saban team of the past 5 years beat the best Michigan State team of the past 40 years 49-7.
    And that was the same year that ND beat 7-5 unranked Miami 33-14 in the Sun Bowl.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Florida State had one of the best run defenses in the nation until they played Florida, who can't even efficiently pass the football. I just don't respect most conference's run defense numbers until I see them play a physical SEC team. Call me a homer, but I just don't...I've seen this song and dance one too many times (Texas '09 and Mich. St '10 for us) to buy in without question.

Notre Dame is the closest team to mimicking the tennets of championship football of any team an SEC team has played in the recent title run. I respect that and it should make for a tough game for us. I'd expect something like the LSU game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    They're talking about run defense. BYU has the #2 ranked run defense in terms of yards/game and yards/carry given up....behind Alabama.

Stanford ranked #3 in yards/game and #5 in yards/carry... and Michigan St. #8 in yards/game and #15 in yards/carry.

I think Alabama fans understand how skewed some of these rush defense statistics can be (see Texas 2009, etc.)
    Ok, makes better sense.

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Nick Saban's worst record, not exactly the worst team. I think that team healthy may actually be the most talented to ever walk out behind CNS.
    Yeah, they were very talented but even when healthy at the beginning of the year, something was missing. But I said the last 5 years, and I'll stand by it. That was his worst team. That's not saying they were a bad team. But the records don't lie: 12-2 in 2008, 14-0 in 2009, 10-3 in 2010, 12-1 in 2011, and 12-1 this season. That team never truly jelled, was plagued with injuries to stars, yet still dominated the best Michigan State team of the past 40 to 50 years.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The team was more than good enough to contend for titles but Richardson got hurt on the TD that put us up 7-3 against LSU...and the run game disappeared for the rest of the regular season. USC just caught us at a good time. LSU and Auburn wouldn't have beat us with a healthy group of tailbacks (Ingram was hobbled that whole season even after returning).

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fundytide View Post
    Riz, I think what he heard you say (in the best possible Karl Childers voice) was: "Whatcha got in 'ere is good t'eat mmmhmm?"

RIP Hub

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They're talking about run defense.
    Alabama and Notre Dame have one common opponent, Michigan. We both played Michigan back in September. I don't know any of Michigan's defensive rankings, but...

Notre Dame gashed them for 94 yards rushing, we squeaked out 232.

But, Notre Dame does have a much better passing game than we do, so...

Notre Dame 145 yards passing, Alabama 199 yards passing.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

I saw that thread too. They're actually "scouting" the Bama/aTm game looking for ways to exploit Alabama.

I'm actually surprised that they could find time to do something like this considering all the time they spend factoring quadratic expressions, discussing the roles of fiscal policy and aggregate demand, and patting themselves on the back.
    Wait wait wait a second. You went over there to see if it was a good forum to talk about football. You went there, saw some people looking at the only game that you lost, discussing how we could exploit your weaknesses, and now that you saw we are talking football it still isn't good enough. That makes no sense.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyIrish View Post
    Wait wait wait a second. You went over there to see if it was a good forum to talk about football. You went there, saw some people looking at the only game that you lost, discussing how we could exploit your weaknesses, and now that you saw we are talking football it still isn't good enough. That makes no sense.
    The problem is what I said on page 6...

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    That thinking is so flawed. The media doesn't see the flaw in it, either. That is why it continues to bring up the issues in the A&M game.

How difficult is it for people to watch that game realize "A&M scored 29 points, and 20 of those were in the first quarter." Once the game settled down for Bama (aka adjusting to Scooby's speed), Bama was fine. A&M did not just whip Alabama like they did Auburn. That game was only different from A&M's games against LSU and Florida in one aspect - Alabama gave up 20 points rather than 14 and couldn't come back.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Do they even know for sure what they need to do to beat us? I know we are talking about fans (Irish posters) here, but let's just hope Kelly and company are thinking this too.

Are they going to play smash-mouth football OR are they going to try to spread us out and let Golson "try" to be Johnny Football?

Don't think they'll successfully do either, but they better commit to something and get real good at it in the next 30 days.
    I think that to be successful at all, they have to stick with what got 'em this far...which is hard, solid defense, and trying to run the ball to take pressure off Golson (who is improving, but is still a freshman QB) fi we keep them one dimensional by stopping their running game (which I think we will)...I dont see them beating us in any way with golson at QB.

Golson has improved, but not to the extent to be able to take over this game and win it...not by any stretch...

Our defense looks to be a much tougher matchup for their offense than their defense for ours...

I think that it will be a really good game, and a great matchup of our offensive line against a pretty good defensive team...but i DO NOT see them using the TAMU game as a model to beat us..

they dont have the same race horse (manzeil) to bring out of the stable...

But, in their defense, what would a Notre Dame fan say? that they have no chance?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    I saw one MB (when discussing how many NC we have/claim/whatever) that said we cannot count past four and that is how many teeth we have in our mouth.
    Won't ND be surprised when our fans show up wearing shoes...

I've always liked the fact that ND has always been so full of themselves.
    They and the nations sports writers are sure to prop them up big time...
    (Gives them further to fall)

ND has 'Touch Down Jesus'... We have Coach Saban.
    ND is counting on history... We are counting on Alabama Football.
    # 15 is coming in January...