Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    This game will be extremely tough for us to win:

We usually don't do well against a 2-dimensional QB
    Their rush defense is in the top 5 ... UGA's was #65 or thereabouts
    Their front seven plays the rush and they don't need the secondary on rushes.
    This will force us to win through the air -- something we don't do well.

If I'm predicting a final score, it's 17-14 Bama and even that barely (wouldn't be surprised if we lost). This will be a very tight game. I hope I end up being made a fool though. Nothing would make me happier.
    Their rush defense is in the top 5 ... UGA's was #65 or thereabouts
    Their front seven plays the rush and they don't need the secondary on rushes.
    ND played against 3 teams that ranked in the top 50 rushing offenses in the country, giving up an average of 152 yards on the ground and 3.8 yards per carry against them. The other 9 teams they faced had an average rank of 80 in rushing offense, with four ranked 80 or lower (2 ranked 113 or worse). It's not like they've shut down the three decent rushing teams they've faced. They've built their rushing D stats against poor running teams. Outside of Navy - who's completely one-dimensional - they haven't faced a running team like Bama - who is NOT one-dimensional. They're going to have their hands full stopping the running game. And if they load the box, as GA found out, we're more than capable of beating them over the top.

This will force us to win through the air -- something we don't do well.
    The Tide is number one in the nation in pass efficiency and average 215 yards per game in the air as well as 14 yards per completion. Bama's more than capable in the passing game. If Bama gets at least the 3.8 ypc that the top 3 running teams ND has faced averaged, they won't be forced to win the game through the air. The passing game will be used to complement, which is the Tide's strategy.
    RTR

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by formersoldier71 View Post
    Alabama and Notre Dame have one common opponent, Michigan. We both played Michigan back in September. I don't know any of Michigan's defensive rankings, but...

Notre Dame gashed them for 94 yards rushing, we squeaked out 232.

But, Notre Dame does have a much better passing game than we do, so...

Notre Dame 145 yards passing, Alabama 199 yards passing.
    we were emptying the bench in the third quarter as well. how deep did we go into our tailback roster that day?
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    My Mood

I've actually managed to watch some Notre Dame games this year. They are a very beatable team. The only quality win in my eyes is Stanford, and they should have lost that game. I would be surprised if the final score is within two touchdowns. We win 27-10.

BamaNation Second Team CRMSNtide's Avatar

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Another thing is a 6-6 Pittsburgh team only needed to kick a 33 yard field goal and ND wouldn't even be in the title game.

Then they finished the season only having to beat a crappy USC team with Barkley out to cash the BCSCG ticket.

We still had to beat #3 Georgia that was playing really good football.

ND fans don't seem interested in these subjects though, they are more interested in us losing to A&M like that shows a big flaw for us.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Here's what you're missing. ND is not the flagship school of any state, certainly not of Indiana. In fact, if anything, it's the flagship school of a particular denomination of Christianity. If I could make myself comfortable on any rival board, made up predominately of folk from the north, which didn't demonize the South in general, and the State of Alabama in particular, I'd happily visit or even participate. So far, I've not found such a board. The demonizing is what really gets under our skin, particularly the tendency to fight the battles of the Civil War and the pains of desegregation all over again. It's particularly irritating when my families were Union people and the people I find myself arguing with didn't even have any ancestors in this country at the time of the Civil War. I'm going to visit "Friendly's" board and see if Notre Dame's fans there have finally matured enough to move the discussion to football and only football. I'm not optimistic, but I'll at least sample and see if I can stand reading the posts. I live in a city with the second largest high-tech center in the country, with an educational level and per capita income level far above, for example, Indiana, and I get a bit tired of condescension from people who can't even spell the word...
    My stepfather..............the one with the Nutter Dumber BB scholarship............hated everyone from the South, because we "all dumb. Especially that Terry Bradshaw. Dumb."

TB's sin? No, it wasn't winning 4 SBs, for the Steelers. No, it was because he beat out the other Terry.

Hanratty, that is. Ex-Nutter Dumber QB. (Bet no one remembers him, outside of a bunch of disgruntled ND/Steeler fans.)

And talk about racist..................

If I even dropped hints of the stuff he would say, on here, I would be booted. Suffice to say, I enjoyed hearing him call me on the phone, when U$C was beating the daylights out of ND, just to hear his racist and highly irrational thoughts on why that was so, and what ND needed to do, to regain superiority. Let's just say he still lived in the 50s.

Now, I know all ND grads are not like him. But, the idea that we alone are the evil unwashed cretins is really laughable. What is that story about he who is without sin should throw the first stone? I know my stepfather missed it. Probably because someone mumbled it in Latin.

Anyway..........that Catholics vs Cousins tee shirt................yeah, welcome to my childhood.
    "Mark it zero. Mark it zero, or you're entering a whole new world of pain."

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    Won't ND be surprised when our fans show up wearing shoes...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    My stepfather..............the one with the Nutter Dumber BB scholarship............hated everyone from the South, because we "all dumb. Especially that Terry Bradshaw. Dumb."

TB's sin? No, it wasn't winning 4 SBs, for the Steelers. No, it was because he beat out the other Terry.

Hanratty, that is. Ex-Nutter Dumber QB. (Bet no one remembers him, outside of a bunch of disgruntled ND/Steeler fans.)

And talk about racist..................

If I even dropped hints of the stuff he would say, on here, I would be booted. Suffice to say, I enjoyed hearing him call me on the phone, when U$C was beating the daylights out of ND, just to hear his racist and highly irrational thoughts on why that was so, and what ND needed to do, to regain superiority. Let's just say he still lived in the 50s.

Now, I know all ND grads are not like him. But, the idea that we alone are the evil unwashed cretins is really laughable. What is that story about he who is without sin should throw the first stone? I know my stepfather missed it. Probably because someone mumbled it in Latin.

Anyway..........that Catholics vs Cousins tee shirt................yeah, welcome to my childhood.

What I found interesting was that Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty had Bradshaw pulling splinters out of his butt from sitting on the bench when they were both at Louisiana Tech.

Now that's my kinda show by the way....

"Yuppy"... now that's a good word for the Notre Dame crowd. They'd all drown if they walked outside while it was raining....

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood

Now thats a fact, JACK!

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    What I found interesting was that Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty had Bradshaw pulling splinters out of his butt from sitting on the bench when they were both at Louisiana Tech.

Now that's my kinda show by the way....

"Yuppy"... now that's a good word for the Notre Dame crowd. They'd all drown if they walked outside while it was raining....
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

I saw on a local channel that Rudy is going to be at Nielsen Dodge dealership in East Hanover, NJ on Saturday from 2 to 6.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by crmsntd91 View Post
    Now thats a fact, JACK!

"We need you to cause a diversion"....

"Hey... look here... I never was good at math"...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I saw on a local channel that Rudy is going to be at Nielsen Dodge dealership in East Hanover, NJ on Saturday from 2 to 6.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    is everyone going to start crying when they finally let him drive a pick-up at 5:59?
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team crmsntd91's Avatar
    My Mood

I could do this all all day, but back to the point, we are going to beat ND.....bad!

This makes me happy, happy, happy!

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    "We need you to cause a diversion"....

"Hey... look here... I never was good at math"...
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonChuck's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CRMSNtide View Post
    Also, A&M is top 5 in total offense and scoring offense, has a Heisman type QB.
    ND isn't even on the same planet as an offensive team, and im not sure their QB would even start at most SEC schools, maybe Kentucky and Missouri.
    I'll give him Auburn too. He would have started at Auburn.
    Lucky #13