ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Arkytider68

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2012
I might have made the mistake of going to look at some of the fans sights and message boards of our NC opponent. It seems they want to take both sides of the coin. One side - We are big bad Alabama and they are the scrappy underdogs that will ultimately prevail. Sort of like Ivan Drago vs Rocky in Rocky IV (http://www.subwaydomer.com/2012-articles/december/notre-dame-v-alabama-rocky-iv.html). The other side is the one where Alabama is so terribly overrated and this is just going to be total domination by them over us.

Just a friendly warning, don't go to their message boards. A lot of it is just stereotypical southern dumb jokes that will only tick you off. The football talk is just very uninformed and juvenile. RTR!!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
i love that they have to invent ways to think they will win...check this statement out:

Something else that is in ND favor is the smart factor.. i said it another thread and will say it here. SEC recruits to win football games and academics are not necessarily a big thing. You never hear the sec brag about their graduation rates. A lot of these kids in the sec could not gain admittance in a lot of schools and ND being one. Don't devalue the the "smart" value on the field, its a huge edge for ND, one of the reasons for their success in close games imo. They don't make a lot of mistakes and usually take advantage of the opponents.

not sure how he explains Notre Dame's insignificance over the past 20 years since they're so smart :)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That is to be expected with any fanbase in their situation as a provisional underdog - though I don't quite get it because any team that can run and defend will keep a game closer than expected - you get those who embrace the underdog role and harken old biblical stories of overcoming the odd. Then the others spend their time devaluing the favorite in attempt to prove that they should be the favorite instead.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
i love that they have to invent ways to think they will win...check this statement out:

Something else that is in ND favor is the smart factor.. i said it another thread and will say it here. SEC recruits to win football games and academics are not necessarily a big thing. You never hear the sec brag about their graduation rates. A lot of these kids in the sec could not gain admittance in a lot of schools and ND being one. Don't devalue the the "smart" value on the field, its a huge edge for ND, one of the reasons for their success in close games imo. They don't make a lot of mistakes and usually take advantage of the opponents.

not sure how he explains Notre Dame's insignificance over the past 20 years since they're so smart :)
Wow... just... wow.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Lol. I guess our graduation rate statistics haven't made it to South Bend (or the # of athletes in all sports at Bama on SEC Academic Team). It also just illustrates the distorted (among other adjectives I don't want to use on the forum) view Yanks have of those of us south of the Mason Dixon line.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Notre Dame is Neil Diamond

We all know the songs, can all sing along, but ultimately he's not worth the price of admission

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Well they were smart enough to slip enough cash to a ref in the Pitt game for a life saving phantom PI call. :biggrin:

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Ive been to a few of their message boards, some of their fans are sensible, but it seems most are over the top, just crazy, i guess they live in their own Nutter Dumb world.

The act like their QB is a big positive for them, but McCarron is just a game manager.

Their TE is supposedly unstoppable, no one can cover the guy.

Bama ran on Georgia, but Georgia sucks on defense.

And some of their fans must not even be aware of the Vegas line and pay attention to the rest of the NCAA very much, in their minds ND is the favorite team and they are going to put a whipping on the "Gumps" LOL.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I saw one MB (when discussing how many NC we have/claim/whatever) that said we cannot count past four and that is how many teeth we have in our mouth. :)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
This one here is fun to:

Interesting game. All sorts of odd things about it.

1). Alabama's defense turns out to be far from impenetrable. We are always being accused of being frauds --- I'm wondering if there isn't a little fraudulence there. Georgia was "OK" offensively but I did not think particularly scary. If Everett has a good game, I see no reason why we will not move the ball.

2). Our quarterback, if he doesn't turn it over, is better than theirs, maybe significantly better --- certainly much more talented. Weird to say that going into an NC game. Our receivers also look more athletic than theirs, as a group anyway. They have nothing approaching Eifert, nor did Georgia.

3). Their running backs are brutal, but so are our tacklers --- we're bigger and stronger than Georgia defensively. Still those RBs pose our difficulty. Contain them, no ball turnovers, and we severely limit their scoring. Same verse, just like the first [twelve].

4). Richt was an extreme bonehead on the final offensive play --- nearly inconceivable. Had Kelly ever done anything that bad, half this board [the troglodyte half] would never stop screaming about it. Saban though did something nearly as stupid just before the first half end. He didn't use one of THREE timeouts he had in the last half minute, and blew two shots at a touchdown. Our coach, gentlemen, is the better in-game coach.

5). Georgia's defense was out-of-gas and almost completely quit in the second half --- over 300 total rushing yards, and Alabama still barely won. We are much the more physical defense than Georgia. And better conditioned. And probably deeper.

6). I am not sure that I would say that Alabama is clearly better than either Stanford or Oklahoma. Stanford's as tough, and Oklahoma's as fast or faster. Both are better than Georgia, even though Georgia is a good football team.

7). Alabama is VERY "simple" which is what Saban wants. They are a one-trick pony, albeit a powerfully effective one. Their entire game is brutal muscle. Georgia could not stand up to it. Texas A&M somehow could. The issue is: can Big Lou, Tuitt, and KLM look those guys in the eye and smile and shrug "bring it on"? Can Manti, Prince, Dan/Carlos, and Danny meet the two RBs at the holes and throw them down. Georgia couldn't; we're stronger. We'll see.

Anyone who assumes that this is going to be an obvious SEC win will be speaking purely from biased stupidity and emotionalism. Alabama rushing power vs. Notre Dame front seven power might create supercollider fusions leading to Black Holes in Miami.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We's down here in the South best git reedy. We ain't seen nuddin' like them folk from Notor Daim. Day's sound smart'r dan us. We's only from Alabama afterall. Day's from Indiana.

I's goin' to the game with my momma, sister, and wife. We's takin' a convertible coupe down there. I drive. She rides shotgun. I hopes them Northern yankee folk is nice to us.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I was in Indiana for a month this summer for a training exercise. It is not an overstatement to say Indiana is basically Alabama with more corn and soy fields than cotton.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
ND shouldn't assume anything for the NCG, especially basing what may happen in January on what happened in September through December in Alabama's gameplay. Ya don't have to be smarter than there thar fifth grader to know what happens when you assume.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.