ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I don't think that poster went to ND. At least he does not seem to be smart enough for ND...
i love that they have to invent ways to think they will win...check this statement out:

Something else that is in ND favor is the smart factor.. i said it another thread and will say it here. SEC recruits to win football games and academics are not necessarily a big thing. You never hear the sec brag about their graduation rates. A lot of these kids in the sec could not gain admittance in a lot of schools and ND being one. Don't devalue the the "smart" value on the field, its a huge edge for ND, one of the reasons for their success in close games imo. They don't make a lot of mistakes and usually take advantage of the opponents.

not sure how he explains Notre Dame's insignificance over the past 20 years since they're so smart :)

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Are you guys aware of what a subway domer is...It is someone who did not go to Notre Dame. That is why I am suggesting that you not go to subway domer forums. It's not great.

We have had multiple bama fans come on our board to talk fball. They have been super cool and it has been cordial. Irishenvy.com/forums.

Taking one post and making a sweeping generalization about the rest of ND fans is exactly what you accuse us of doing. Can we please be rational?

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Are you guys aware of what a subway domer is...It is someone who did not go to Notre Dame. That is why I am suggesting that you not go to subway domer forums. It's not great.

We have had multiple bama fans come on our board to talk fball. They have been super cool and it has been cordial. Irishenvy.com/forums.

Taking one post and making a sweeping generalization about the rest of ND fans is exactly what you accuse us of doing. Can we please be rational?
Most people are basing their opinions off of a lifetime of Domers. Not saying you guys are all bad, we all have goobers. In fact I actually know some very knowledgeable and friendly Notre Dame fans.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Most people are basing their opinions off of a lifetime of Domers. Not saying you guys are all bad, we all have goobers. In fact I actually know some very knowledgeable and friendly Notre Dame fans.
There are some cocky ones, for sure. We try to keep the southern stuff minimal on our board. I would start rubbing the Barrett Jones Campbell award in some cocky ND faces if I were you.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
See I don't have a hatred for ND because I wasn't born yet back when we were playing them consistently. I just know they are the next on our schedule so I don't like them. :) Now Auburn is a little different story...

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
This is one of my favorite things I have found while browsing their boards.

Also to note is that one of Bama's D, I think Quincy, will likely be suspended for the NC due to helmet to helmet hit.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
You've been a good rival visitor. Where is your home board?
Sir, as with many of your posters, we visit other boards too. You have some very good posters here, and some that fall below very good. ND boards have the same, and probably the same proportions.

What I find funny, is this thread is doing the exact same things you're complaining about. Isn't that a bit ironic? They are touting ND on ND boards, and Alabama fans are doing the same thing on Alabama boards. ND fans are taking shots at Alabama, Alabama fans, and trying to entertain themselves until January 7th. I see the exact same things happening on Alabama boards. We're no different than you are. No better and no worse.
The only difference is the object of the affection on a given message board.

Any semi intelligent human being knows, a good education can be obtained at almost any institution of higher learning. It matters little what name is over the front doors. What is important is what you do with the tools they give you, and what you're willing to give. ND boards have their fair share of people who can't grasp that concept, and I'm sure the Alabama boards do too.

I think both fan bases have a healthy fear of the opponent. All of us know, ANYTHING can happen on a given day. I'm sure Alabama fans know people don't take shots at something they couldn't care about. ND fans are worried about Alabama, and rightfully so. Some of them think, if they can find a way to diminish you, they can add some confidence about the game. I'm seeing the same thing on the Alabama boards, which actually surprises me. Your team, and program, is what everyone is striving to be.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Sir, as with many of your posters, we visit other boards too. You have some very good posters here, and some that fall below very good. ND boards have the same, and probably the same proportions.

What I find funny, is this thread is doing the exact same things you're complaining about. Isn't that a bit ironic? They are touting ND on ND boards, and Alabama fans are doing the same thing on Alabama boards. ND fans are taking shots at Alabama, Alabama fans, and trying to entertain themselves until January 7th. I see the exact same things happening on Alabama boards. We're no different than you are. No better and no worse.
The only difference is the object of the affection on a given message board.

Any semi intelligent human being knows, a good education can be obtained at almost any institution of higher learning. It matters little what name is over the front doors. What is important is what you do with the tools they give you, and what you're willing to give. ND boards have their fair share of people who can't grasp that concept, and I'm sure the Alabama boards do too.

I think both fan bases have a healthy fear of the opponent. All of us know, ANYTHING can happen on a given day. I'm sure Alabama fans know people don't take shots at something they couldn't care about. ND fans are worried about Alabama, and rightfully so. Some of them think, if they can find a way to diminish you, they can add some confidence about the game. I'm seeing the same thing on the Alabama boards, which actually surprises me. Your team, and program, is what everyone is striving to be.
Here's what you're missing. ND is not the flagship school of any state, certainly not of Indiana. In fact, if anything, it's the flagship school of a particular denomination of Christianity. If I could make myself comfortable on any rival board, made up predominately of folk from the north, which didn't demonize the South in general, and the State of Alabama in particular, I'd happily visit or even participate. So far, I've not found such a board. The demonizing is what really gets under our skin, particularly the tendency to fight the battles of the Civil War and the pains of desegregation all over again. It's particularly irritating when my families were Union people and the people I find myself arguing with didn't even have any ancestors in this country at the time of the Civil War. I'm going to visit "Friendly's" board and see if Notre Dame's fans there have finally matured enough to move the discussion to football and only football. I'm not optimistic, but I'll at least sample and see if I can stand reading the posts. I live in a city with the second largest high-tech center in the country, with an educational level and per capita income level far above, for example, Indiana, and I get a bit tired of condescension from people who can't even spell the word...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
What ever happened to Kim Dunbar? She was the one that embezzled a large sum of money from her employer and gave it to a few ND players and then got knocked up by one of them. Didn't ND get a slap on the wrist as a penalty?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Well, i went over to the Irishenvy forums.
They have a thread about the A&M game that we lost.

They seem to think they can just copy what A&M did in that game, with Golson playing the part of Johnny Manziel.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Just went over there and it literally took me 3 minutes to find the irrational south bashing and stereotypical thinking that Tide-HSV was referring to.

Amuse yourselves with that all you like. Most of us will probably just choose to stick around here where our uneducated southern minds aren't overloaded by the supreme intelligence factor that seems to exist among the Irish fanbase.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Well, i went over to the Irishenvy forums.
They have a thread about the A&M game that we lost.

They seem to think they can just copy what A&M did in that game, with Golson playing the part of Johnny Manziel.

Gholson is a dynamic player, but a Johnny Manziel he's not!
I'd love to see them copy their gameplan, because their team just isnt set up for that..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.