Auburn Removing All Images of Chizik

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Based on the past rift between Chizik and Malzahn we may now know why the purge is so dramatic. :smile:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I figured he left so he could get some head coaching experience, and then parlay that experience into a better job.
So he turns down a reported $2m+ deal to be Vandy's HC in 2010, then the next year leaves (taking a $450k pay cut) to coach at Arky St?

Maybe you're right, but it sure doesn't seem to add up...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I didn't realize there was a rift between Chizik and Malzahn.
The word is that Malzahn did not like Chizic (The head coach!) in his business and it all came to a head last season. My personal opinion is that he saw the impending doom and the personal issue was secondary.

All you need to know about Gus and subordination is his season with Houston Nutt at Arkansas. With parents speaking in the press, it was the ugliest relationship situation that I have ever seen in the SEC. I believe it reinforced the rule not to sell your soul for a recruit.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The word is that Malzahn did not like Chizic (The head coach!) in his business and it all came to a head last season. My personal opinion is that he saw the impending doom and the personal issue was secondary.

All you need to know about Gus and subordination is his season with Houston Nutt at Arkansas. With parents speaking in the press, it was the ugliest relationship situation that I have ever seen in the SEC. I believe it reinforced the rule not to sell your soul for a recruit.
The word is that Malzahn did not like Chizic (The head coach!) in his business That's all you need to know right there. I bet CNS get's in the business of all involved in the Bama program. What a laughing stock.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Well Ole Chiz needs to wait a few years. Heck they names the field after a known cheater. They may rename the goal posts after him..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.