Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

Twitter blowing up now that Arky has hired Wisconsin coach.
    Any confirmation?

2. Advertisement

Re: Brett B to Arkansas?

Just got a text alert from ESPN saying that he has accepted and it isn't known if he will coach in the Rose Bowl. Good Hire imo but he doesn't scare me from a recruiting or x's and o's standpoint.
    "You can shine a .... as much as you want but in the end all you will have is a shiney ....." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Brett B to Arkansas?

Yep, alert confirms it!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Saw something on ESPN website confirming this.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic JBama. Anyways it's also on ESPN's bottom line as breaking news.
    "You can shine a .... as much as you want but in the end all you will have is a shiney ....." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Brett B to Arkansas?

My bad, I'm not being sarcastic. I just had gotten that app alert myself.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Seems to be all over Twitter at this point. Doesn't mean that is a done deal but seems like it has gathered a ton of steam. Pretty surprising to me considering all the smoke around Gundy. Don't really remember his name being thrown around a lot. Kind of surprised that he would leave Wisconsin for Arkansas, but seems to show just how big the SEC has gotten now.

Several links in the 'Carousel' thread above...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

edsbs ‏@edsbs
    oh man Bret Bielema complained about Urban's recruiting whooooohoooo that's gone be fun in the SEC

dam Hoge ‏@AdamHogeCBS
    Bret Bielema last winter: "We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”

edsbs ‏@edsbs
    Bret Bielema is gonna get forklift fat.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

I think it is a good hire. Probably better than what Auburn will do.

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I think it is a good hire. Probably better than what Auburn will do.
    Good for us, yes.

Russ Mitchell ‏@RussMitchellCFB
    Bielema's recruiting efforts hve been x2 as bad as Petrino's...& Bobby by his own admission is hardly a recruiting savant #Hogs

Lurch Backwater!

I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will be way easier to recruit at Arkansas than Wisconsin just because of the location and conference. The weather is terrible in Wisconsin.

And I wasn't really implying that it he would make Arkansas someone Alabama has to worry about every year. I just think he was better than I expected out of them.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

This is almost too good to be true.