Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Brett B to Arkansas?

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will be way easier to recruit at Arkansas than Wisconsin just because of the location and conference. The weather is terrible in Wisconsin.

And I wasn't really implying that it he would make Arkansas someone Alabama has to worry about every year. I just think he was better than I expected out of them.
    IMO, Malzahn would have been a much better hire, and he's not a great hire...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bama Torch in Pcola's Avatar

Good or bad, this is a shocker. It might shape up to be a crazy hiring/firing season.
    "I waxed the dude."
    --Rory Turner, Alabama DB

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    IMO, Malzahn would have been a much better hire, and he's not a great hire...
    Malzahn to Allbarn. I'd bet on it.
    JMHO

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Think it's hilarious he griped and moaned about how Urban Meyer recruited at Ohio St (talking to players who had already committed elsewhere).... Don't think he knows what he's getting himself into.

Yep, he is going to the hawgs. He really must like red and white.

Quote Originally Posted by spiguy View Post
    Malzahn to Allbarn. I'd bet on it.
    JMHO
    Oh yah, already done. Just making the point that the thought of Bielma in the SEC makes me chuckle.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

If true, another run-heavy team in the conference.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

He's gonna have a hard time selling that style of football to recruits in the same division as LSU and Alabama

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bourbon View Post
    He's gonna have a hard time selling that style of football to recruits in the same division as LSU and Alabama
    He'll move toward the style football of LSU/Alabama. If not he won't last three years.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Bret B runs sort of a SEC style in that he runs a lot. However, he has a habit of running up the score which isn't very classy.

I think he's a good hire for Arkansas, though I'm not worried about it at all. I was much more worried when they hired Petrino. Arkansas will be a 8-9 win team but never compete for a conference title unless they division is way down.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jack Bourbon's Avatar
    My Mood
    Persnickety on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    However, he has a habit of running up the score which isn't very classy.
    I predict that won't be a problem for a while.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

It's going to be hilarious when the first SEC coach flips a committed Arkansas recruit to welcome Bielema to the conference.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Doesn't bother me that he complained about Meyer or said he didn't want to be like the SEC, it's a 2 pronged statement:
    1- as a rule B10 coaches don't have to work as feverish at recruiting because of their 'gentleman's agreement' to not recruit players after they've already committed to a B10 school.
    2- by saying they don't want to be SECish he's playing to the self-loving head in the sand old money types in the B10 looking for excuses as to why they're the 3rd or 4th best league now.

On that note people tend to look at the SEC over the past decade and say oohh ahhh but really since the 80s top to bottom it's been the best league in the country, certainly since 1990. The big ten was eating SEC dust long before they realized it or were willing to admit it.
    Friends don't let friends drink Bud Miller or Coors!
    Good people drink good bier!