Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Re: Brett B to Arkansas?

As for the hire, stylistically it's a solid fit with Wisky playing smashmouth get after you FB. He's not a bad coach, time will tell how good. I also suspect he isn't so dumb as to bring a bunch of people here to recruit areas they're not familiar with. I suspect he'll bring 1-to-3 coaches with him, perhaps a coordinator, and fill in the rest with people familiar with the landscape in the southeast.

I'm sure people were saying similar things about Coach Saban when LSU hired him. Either you can coach or you can't, period. Sometimes it's just not a good fit, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Friends don't let friends drink Bud Miller or Coors!
    Good people drink good bier!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    It's going to be hilarious when the first SEC coach flips a committed Arkansas recruit to welcome Bielema to the conference.
    You're assuming he'll eventually have a commit worth flipping.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonMapper View Post
    You're assuming he'll eventually have a commit worth flipping.
    You're assuming the likes of Spurrier and others won't do it just out of principle.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation First Team CrimsonMapper's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You're assuming the likes of Spurrier and others won't do it just out of principle.
    Ha, you're right, Spurrier would do that just to screw with him.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Guess they will be looking for another sCam.
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The million dollar question is... can he deal with recruiting. I guarentee LSU, Tennenesse, and Mizzou are going to hit that state hard. Its going to take 2-3 years to get that team the way he wants it.
    “There's not too much to say. Alabama thoroughly beat us. They are a better team. They were coached better, they played better, and they looked like they will have a big season. They have a heck of a team.”
    Steve Spurrier

CollegeFootballNews ‏@ColFootballNews
    Early reaction to us from fans on Bret Bielema ... Arkansas fans not that fired up, Wisconsin fans sort of mad but sort of indifferent.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    The million dollar question is... can he deal with recruiting. I guarentee LSU, Tennenesse, and Mizzou are going to hit that state hard. Its going to take 2-3 years to get that team the way he wants it.
    You are forgetting Texas A&M. They've just solidified themselves as one of the top 3 teams in the SEC West.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Guess I'm the only one who thinks that this is a really good hire on Arkansas' part? Bielema has been successful at Wisconsin, and his teams have been consistently good. Hard to argue with three Rose Bowl's in a row (even though this year's was admittedly a bit of a fluke). I would be ecstatic if I was an Arkansas fan, and as an Alabama one, I don't relish having to face his style of offense regularly. I just can't really understand why he left Wisconsin to take over Arkansas in its current state. Good paycheck, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bondsdw View Post
    Guess I'm the only one who thinks that this is a really good hire on Arkansas' part? Bielema has been successful at Wisconsin, and his teams have been consistently good. Hard to argue with three Rose Bowl's in a row (even though this year's was admittedly a bit of a fluke). I would be ecstatic if I was an Arkansas fan, and as an Alabama one, I don't relish having to face his style of offense regularly. I just can't really understand why he left Wisconsin to take over Arkansas in its current state. Good paycheck, I suppose.
    Looks at who he's been playing - the three Rose Bowls look a lot better from a distance. Read the article above - it'll make it clear.

He may turn out to be a good hire, but I see this as being a FANTASTIC hire for Alabama fans.

Lurch Backwater!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

It's not even Bowl Season, and the B1G is already losing to The SEC

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

By the looks of the comments from a Madison, WI tv station site, their fans are glad he's gone:

http://www.wkow.com/story/20259366/2...ob-at-arkansas
    If God wanted me to be humble, he would have sent me to Auburn.