Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    He'll move toward the style football of LSU/Alabama. If not he won't last three years.
    Is that why TAMU and Ole Miss went away from that style and immediately improved? That style only works with superior talent.

2. Advertisement

Re: Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

Terrible hire for Arkansas. Texas pipeline is all but over.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Brett B to Arkansas?

Instant improvement for Arkansas right here. I'm surprised they went for him though.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Does anyone know whether the compensation package for the Arkansas job includes a motorcycle, along with a hoochie mama?

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    edsbs ‏@edsbs
    oh man Bret Bielema complained about Urban's recruiting whooooohoooo that's gone be fun in the SEC

dam Hoge ‏@AdamHogeCBS
    Bret Bielema last winter: "We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”

edsbs ‏@edsbs
    Bret Bielema is gonna get forklift fat.
    What's the over/under on how long it takes Bielema to forget all about his "gentleman's agreement" beliefs and make a visit to see Alton Tenpenny? I'm guessing it won't take him long.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'll also be interested to see how his penchant for running up the score goes over in the SEC.

Assuming, of course, that he has the opportunity to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'll also be interested to see how his penchant for running up the score goes over in the SEC.

Assuming, of course, that he has the opportunity to do so...
    I suspect it will be a while before we find out, at least against SEC opponents.

Wisconsin's Sagarin SOS ranking under CBB:
    2006: 82 record: 12-1
    2007: 57 record: 9-4
    2008: 52 record: 7-6
    2009: 64 record: 10-3
    2010: 66 record: 11-2
    2011: 44 record: 11-3
    2012: 38 record: 8-5

He dominates when the SOS is worse than 60th (.846) but not so great when playing a SOS higher than 60th (.603).
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Good resume'. Good hire for Arky. Surprised Wisconsin let him go.
    Bama 868-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar

Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

I am in Milwaukee this week and the general consensus around my office was good riddance. Comments included:

He was 4-4 this year, he is lucky to be in the Rose Bowl

He coasted on what Alvarez left him

He has never been a very good game coach.
    Amazing how little they know about the SEC up here. One sports reporter said "I'm shocked - the Arkansas job has only been open a week. I might understand that from a fan but you would figure a reporter would keep up with college football. Oh well - it's not the Packers so probably not noteworthy to this bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; December 4th, 2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I'm definitely not an expert, but I think it will be way easier to recruit at Arkansas than Wisconsin just because of the location and conference. The weather is terrible in Wisconsin.
    Very good point. You have to compare him to other coaches at the school and a wiki search took about 5 seconds to see that he is in the top 90%. 68-24 is pretty good compared to most all the others and he's going to his 3rd straight Rose Bowl?

Some people see Steve Spurrier as slipping because of his record at SC, but when you look deeper you see that he's doing some of the best coaching of his life.

Of course the Badgers are going to rip him for bailing, that's human nature. I believe it's a solid hire.

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Definitely did not see this coming. I love watching the coaching carousel...it's always so interesting to see who gets hired. I wonder who Wisky goes after now.

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You can bet he'll go after Tenpenny. I hope we hang on to him, though with the guys we have coming in, I'm not too worried.

BamaNation All-American BAMA1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Definitely did not see this coming. I love watching the coaching carousel...it's always so interesting to see who gets hired. I wonder who Wisky goes after now.
    I'm going to take a guess and say Paul Chryst. He was the OC at Wisconsin until he got the head coaching job at Pitt after last season. He might not leave Pitt after just one season, but Todd Graham did.