Arkansas hires Wisconsin HC Bret Bielema

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I don't know - the way we've dropped RB's and WR's this year, I don't think you can have enough. Plus, we's kinda greedy too! ;)
A walk on got 18 carries this year. Another former running back got a lot of playing time at QB.

At WR, they almost burned a redshirt for two games. Alabama also has a history of playing true freshman. I'm more than happy to see more talent at either position.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@slmandel
Bielema: "We lost 1 game my first year, to Michigan .... it was on a bad call. I can say that now, I'm not in that league."

@slmandelOh boy ... Bielema brings his wife on stage to call the hogs.

@slmandel
Yes, that really just happened.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@slmandel
I'm watching presser on delay .. Bielema flat out says "Wisconsin wasn't wired to" pay/retain good assistants. Will be able to at Arkansas.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
The question is, in this day and age, will the school, alumni and fanbase be patient with BB? With no missteps or bad luck it's still gonna take at least 2-3 years for BB to get the players in place he needs to compete with the Bama's and LSU's...if he even can. I don't think three years of 5-6 win seasons will go over to well in Fayetteville.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
This hire surprised me. I had no inclination to think he'd leave Wisconsin. He seemed like a Big Ten guy to me, a lifer. He could do well in Arkansas - if he's given enough time to lay the foundation for his kind of football team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.