Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Re: My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Gus just fired the entire group of assistants that were left over from the Chiz error. If Gus is taking charge then color me impressed for the time being. Regardless, who ordered the code red, I think it was absolutely the right call.

Kleph from rbr I think said it best for me.
    PR/NCAA appeasement move. They knew they would take a bunch of crap from us, others and the fambly if they kept everyone. This way it appears as if they are making real change while the men behind the curtains remain the same. They will also tell the NCAA "we got rid of all the cheaters as soon as we knew what they were doing, go easy on us" it might work

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

If the firings are true, how long before TT starts talking? This could get interesting.

Also will find out if Foster was bluffing as his bluff has now been called. Hope he winds up at Ark St.
    “ The Crimson Tide of Alabama” Now that has a majestic ring to it!

BamaNation First Team

No one is going to talk if they want to coach in the NCAA again. They will get blacklisted.

Quote Originally Posted by TUSKaloosa View Post
    If the firings are true, how long before TT starts talking? This could get interesting.

Also will find out if Foster was bluffing as his bluff has now been called. Hope he winds up at Ark St.
    no way he talks unless someone offers him a book deal with a guarantee that is higher than aub is willing to pay in hush money. Have to be significantly higher as it will also kill any career opportunities

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Before we get to congratulatory, all the assistants are welcome to apply once the coordinators are in place. I think we can guess who will find a spot.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Second Team foreveratidefan's Avatar

And just to think Arkansas State plays Auburn at Auburn in the second game of the season next year. Should be fun to watch.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Gus just fired the entire group of assistants that were left over from the Chiz error. If Gus is taking charge then color me impressed for the time being. Regardless, who ordered the code red, I think it was absolutely the right call.

Kleph from rbr I think said it best for me.

If true, that's a good first step for Gus...

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    Before we get to congratulatory, all the assistants are welcome to apply once the coordinators are in place. I think we can guess who will find a spot.
    Lol, yep just read that...so disregard my previous post...

We can hope...

DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I wonder if the wonder twins will be hired back as fast as $cam was re instated for the SECCG?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Advantage Auburn...
    They won't have to worry about Guss spilling the beans to the NCAA.
    BUT
    They have to worry about some of the recently released coaches...
    (That's likely to get in the Auburn deep pockets)

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rtr1964 View Post
    thought I'd use my first post to put out a wild theory I have about Gus, AU and the NCAA.

I read that one of the AU requirements that scarred off potential coaches was to keep Trooper as recruiting coordinator. If that is true and AU brings Gus home and you remember how AU handled the Cam affair, it makes me wonder if they are getting everybody who knows the truth (and isn't getting a buy-out that has a do not talk clause) back on the Plains so they can circle the wagons when the LOI comes?
    Now, how's that for a theory?
    For a 'Rookie', you play a good game...
    Good first post.
    Welcome to TideFans.

Your theory sounds pretty reasonable to me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

If the Lupe Troop doesn't get a call back, only thing left for them is either retirement in Monte Carlo via bingo money, or spillin' it for a book deal. I honestly don't think any BCS school would even consider either one, ESPECIALLY if they prove to be dirty like we all are convinced they are. Especially Trooper....he has left a trail of fecal matter everywhere he's been.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower