Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 58910111213141516 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Aurbren just hired a new head coach and the only thing barn fans are worried about is keeping Trooper Taylor so they can hold on to a couple of recruits. unreal

2. Advertisement

Charles Barkley was quiet during this search. I'm surprised he didn't push for them to consider a minority coach. After that being such a big deal last time, nobody even made a peep about it this time.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If I were the goobers I would have done whatever it took to get Charlie Strong.

This hire feels like a joke almost.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Charles Barkley was quiet during this search. I'm surprised he didn't push for them to consider a minority coach. After that being such a big deal last time, nobody even made a peep about it this time.
    i think i saw him on the nba halftime show saying he wanted Petrino maybe a couple weeks ago

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

Malzahn just hired Ellis Johnson to be his defensive coordinator.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Add to that the fact that he will be keeping Loeffler and Van Gorder, just as he has been instructed to do.
    Well, if Ellis Johnson is the new DC, why is Van Gorder being retained, as you say?
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Well, if Ellis Johnson is the new DC, why is Van Gorder being retained, as you say?
    Pretty sure it was announced that all the staff had been canned by Malzahn.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    Gus just fired the entire group of assistants that were left over from the Chiz error. If Gus is taking charge then color me impressed for the time being. Regardless, who ordered the code red, I think it was absolutely the right call.

Kleph from rbr I think said it best for me.
    Gus showing some gumption and not just being the next yes man to patrick dye. So, basically, he has already done more in two days than his predecessor did in four years.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by TidefaninOS View Post
    Something had come out at first about the string pullers making him keep the staff in place. Either that was false, or Gus showed some intestinal fortitude and told them what they could do with that idea. I hope it's the latter. I can just picture the look on patrick's and bobby's faces when someone finally tells them to back off.

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

So EJ is hired as the DC @ $800k per year for 3 years. CGM is hired as head coach for $2.3 mil a year for 5 years BUT only $500k is base salary and the other is incentives. Looks like the bean counters are all over this one now that they have to shell out $11 mil for the buy out.

Wonder how much they will have left for the rest of the staff?

BamaNation Second Team

I know a few TN fans that would love to have Trooper back...

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1224 View Post
    Malzahn just hired Ellis Johnson to be his defensive coordinator.
    That is excellent news Malzahn and Ellis Johnson. That is like getting a Christmas present and finding out you won the lottery the next day. I am as excited as the aubs.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    Aurbren just hired a new head coach and the only thing barn fans are worried about is keeping Trooper Taylor so they can hold on to a couple of recruits. unreal
    They can stop worrying. Trooper is a memory there now.

01/04/1926-08/11/2012