Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Look at the most prominent coaches in waiting (Fisher and Muschamp). Jimbo never interviewed for another job, IIRC, once he received the new title. Muschamp only interviewed for the UF job. Kirby's interviewed for at least one job the last three off seasons.
I am talking about an internal coach in waiting, not public. And the reason I feel this way is becasue of the understanding of how the others turned out.....not well. One had to wait forever, and the other left. Maybe internal will be different, and it can always change if CKS wants it to and it's not a story.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

No real surprise. He basically was the head coach during their run even though that title wasn't beside his name.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

I am talking about an internal coach in waiting, not public.
And you may be spot on. I was never really worried about Kirby leaving......:biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin:

I would appreciate a stress free rest of the week coaching community! So call whoever you want AFTER the BCSCG. That is all.

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009

Asked my Auburn friends on Facebook what they thought. Seems like they have the "I can't do anything about it" attitude and accepted the hire.

Like they were with Chizik's hire. Worked out well that did....obviously.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Diagnosis: Auburn is certifiable.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

Malzahn is the best auburn hire I could have hoped for. I really didn't want Kirby Smart to take that job. I think he's far too good for the mess in Lee county. The aubies think Bama fans were afraid for them to hire Petrino. I would have loved for them to hire him except I despise Petrino so much I just don't want him to ever get another premiere job - nothing to do with fear. I think Malzahn will keep the train wreck clanking and clunking along on it's merry way.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Diagnosis: Auburn is certifiable.
If the same result would be winning a national championship I'm not sure that would make them insane. As much as we all know shady business goes on they haven't been caught (yet). With Gus they almost beat us with an inferior team and pulled the greatest comeback in Iron Bowl history. Can't totally blame them for thinking he could be the answer.

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL

This hire pretty much confirms that Auburn couldn't get anybody else. Sad state of affairs on the plains. Rinse and Repeat.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

For some reason I like Scab better since he's been on the radio. He's just hyper and highly opinionated and it comes out worse on paper. imo.
I do as well...I don't always agree with his thoughts/opinions but that's okay. He does much better on air than I expected.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Guess Trooper Taylor will stay there too. Haha. It is a circus over there.
Wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if the whole staff stays even BVG. I think that's why they hired Gus. For some reason they're that crazy about Trooper and company.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.