Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Butt-hurt Aubie fan:

So all of a sudden people can predict our football future? I've thought it's been ridiculous to fire coaches after one season but to give flack to a coach who signed the payroll today? Shame...
    This is AUsome to watch.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Maybe recruit Chizik to be the defensive coordinator

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Haha. Like others have said ITAT is meltdown mode. Hahahahahaha.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Haha. Like others have said ITAT is meltdown mode. Hahahahahaha.
    "It'd be helpful if you could put all of your obsessive-compulsive Gus Sucks posts in one topic, thanks."

heh
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Well, well....we don't have to guess "who" in their right mind, knowing NCAA investigations are underway and ongoing, would take a HC position a *U anymore. It's a death sentence as soon as the investigation/sanctions are completed, and I'm sure he's aware of that going in. Talk about stepping on a snake.....

OTOH, I can't believe any of you ever worried about Smart. His mentor cautioned him plenty about stepping on a snake.
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
    Auburn COMMITTED (05/29/2010) Offered 01/21/2011 Gus Malzahn
    I know that Cam was purchased. So Keil caught the eye of Gus. Sounds like we're in good shape.

It seems like yesterday when Gus and Mustain were plucked as a package deal from the HS ranks, then the total debacle with the parents at Arkansas after the benching of Mustain, His leaving for Tulsa, Houston Nutt getting canned, Malzahn leaving Tulsa for Auburn, causing trouble behind the scenes there, his crazy wife going viral, bolting for less pay at Arkansas State, and now back to Auby. All in 6 years?

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing because some of the barners think its really a good hire they really do not realize they right back where they were with CGC they are going to be the exact same

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Just confirms to me that Malzahn is dirty.
    I've read the end of The Book and I know who wins!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    Well, well....we don't have to guess "who" in their right mind, knowing NCAA investigations are underway and ongoing, would take a HC position a *U anymore. It's a death sentence as soon as the investigation/sanctions are completed, and I'm sure he's aware of that going in. Talk about stepping on a snake.....

OTOH, I can't believe any of you ever worried about Smart. His mentor cautioned him plenty about stepping on a snake.

Oh no. There are no sanctions coming because why would Gus come back to Auburn if there were?*

*From a poster on ITAT
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone please tell me the "We need a winner!" guy will be meeting Gus at the airport.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC RollTide1017's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What was the point of the "great and powerful" search committee if the old guard was just going to do what they always do? Yes man II coming to the cow patty plains.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I know that Cam was purchased. So Keil caught the eye of Gus. Sounds like we're in good shape.

It seems like yesterday when Gus and Mustain were plucked as a package deal from the HS ranks, then the total debacle with the parents at Arkansas after the benching of Mustain, His leaving for Tulsa, Houston Nutt getting canned, Malzahn leaving Tulsa for Auburn, causing trouble behind the scenes there, his crazy wife going viral, bolting for less pay at Arkansas State, and now back to Auby. All in 6 years?

All in the name of Jesus......you watch. There will be some religious spin put on this some how some way by the fambly on the plains.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Malzahn's hire, perspective from ITAT...just perusing their site, it's a mixed bag, many voicing disappointment, although I expect most of the sunshine pumpers to eventually take over. I think most are not super enthusiastic over it, but are just in wait-and-see mode.

What a freaking choke job by the "search committee"

Gus was the worst wecould do and we did our worst.

The worst would have been Petrino, but thiswas down there. Again, I suspect "the search" was a sham. We broughtin a guy who will do as he's told.

How does no one else see this? If auburn ispaying people to be happy about this I want my share otherwise I don'tunderstand the excitement.....

Gus is a genius football coach. You guysare out standing in your field.

You couldn't be more wrong. Try again nexttime!

Not until TUF donations dry up and thestands are empty will there be real change. I for one have had my fill of 11 amkickoffs and getting our *** handed to us by everyone in the conference. Ouruniversity has major problems if any of the PTB think this was a good hire. Weneeded to clean house and start fresh and instead we get a retread. And nowthere are threads on this site excitedly anticipating which of the currentstaff Gus will retain. Seriously?!

Tell Bo to his face hechoked.

Bo, you choked.

I dont know why we waited a week and a half and pretended to do a search. Im ok with this hire butits not like it wasnt decided 2 months ago

What I'm saying is that Malzahn is probably the best hire AU could have made given the fact thatwe are a damaged program with impatient fans that is sitting in NCAAcrosshairs. Sure, I would love to have to decide between Bob Stoops, JimHarbaugh, and Bill Belichik, but don't hate on the Gus Bus for this programbeing at the bottom of the SECW today. He's the reason AU has a crystal trophyin the case.

We need to build a strong foundation. Andno one ever said offense wins championships......

Who will be thedisciplinarian? We need it in the worst way.

ARK just got Bilema from WIS,he has been tothe Rose Bowl 3 times including this year.But the AU job is so much better thanARK.Right.

All this fall in lineand support our coach is bs. It is the same thing as last time. And we'll willhave the same result as this year. We are the laughing stock of the sec. Here'sto an awful awful awful hire

guy was coaching hs 8 years ago. Are you kidding me? Tis guy lost to wku!!!!!Heck mtsu put up 35 against wku and Gus could only muster up 13.

Why do we have to hire someone with previous auburn ties every single time???!!

I'm not supporting this hire.

If Malzahn Keeps the Current Staff
    in place then i am going to be very, very disappointed. if this is what happens then we all knowwhy gus was hired. hopefully he will announce that he is bringing lashlee, etc with him from a state, etc.

There will be plenty of familiar faces on his staff, so be prepared.

I'm assuming trooper will be involved inthe offense one way or another.

The reason they hired him is so they couldkeep their fingers in everything. This is why we FAIL.

Arkansas hires a coach
    That is 30-8 In His last 3 seasons and has 2 bcs bowl games and we hire a guy who was coaching hsfootball back in 05 and had to cut a shady deal with nuttjob to get intocoaching start in college at that. We're stinking crazy....

RE: What the Gus hire tells me about NCAA issues
    No way he comes hereif he thinks we're about to get hammered. He was on the fast track to a big jobsomewhere. He wouldn't have chosen Auburn if he didn't think he could A)win bighere B)thought we had NCAA issues. He's a smart guy. If he were one to justchase money he'd been gone from Auburn in 2010.

Tells me something as well. We are a university of small thinkers. We had a chance for a decade-longmonster hire and elected not to.
    Last edited by Crimson Cat; December 4th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.