Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

Split reaction from ITAT. They either love it or hate it. And the hate is spun together in this absolute meltdown GOLD below:

Maybe we can pick up Ted Roof and get this ship righted!

I anxiously await the return of the 2 yard bubble screen, the split wide offensive tackle, the non-passing threat wildcat, and the deep heave on third and two.

Who cares what the defense does as long as that offense is "fun to watch."

A university of small thinkers. Why did this even take more than 24 hours? Very convenient, easy, and controllable. We may score 40 a game but will give up 38 or 42. Why would a solid defensive recruit get excited about this? I will get in line, but not today.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

The fact that somebody called him a "retread" has me rolling in the floor!
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive1 on TideFans.com

Gus, Gus, Gus, keeping *U at the back of the bus.

I'm loving it.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood

Re: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

So Arkansas State is a stepping stone to the SEC with Freeze and now Gus. Bobby Petrino needs to interview there.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    Well, well....we don't have to guess "who" in their right mind, knowing NCAA investigations are underway and ongoing, would take a HC position a *U anymore. It's a death sentence as soon as the investigation/sanctions are completed, and I'm sure he's aware of that going in. Talk about stepping on a snake.....

OTOH, I can't believe any of you ever worried about Smart. His mentor cautioned him plenty about stepping on a snake.
    Danny Sheridan was on Brando today and said that his sources are telling him AU will be hit with penalties and they could be pretty severe. I know you got to take Danny with a grain of salt but if true, that is probably the reason AU couldn't get no one else. Gus will be another Mike Shula.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood

Anyone think Houston Nutt would go for the Arkansas State job...if the USF job doesn't come through.
    Roll Tide

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Split reaction from ITAT. They either love it or hate it. And the hate is spun together in this absolute meltdown GOLD below:
    They got a guy that has a decent chance of keeping them middle of the pack in the West. The West really doesn't have a bottom end with Ole Miss, Miss State also making bowls.
    Arkansas and Auburn have a real challenge ahead. They could start out below even the Mississippi schools who both made bowls and arguable have better coaches, before worrying about aTm, Bama and LSU.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Barner quotes about the hire

These are some of the individual quotes from AUFAMILY.COM

Welp this absolutely sucks......

To infinity and beyond

A search committee and two weeks to bring back the former OC? Auburn is run by a bunch of damned morons. Hello mediocrity!

This sums up my feelings.

Ye Ha! Get on board the Gus Bus!

If this is true, Bo and Pat have lost my respect forever

WOW!!! WHY WOULD WE EXPECT ANYTHING BUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!! JJ IS THE DUMBEST AD EVER.

Is there any way to get ahold of jj?

Is it too late to get john L Smith?

You are absolutely kidding me right???? This is the absolute worst possible situation

Look for a lot of defensive recruits to decommit!

PT Barnum has some serious competition from the clowns running the AUburn show. What a disasters joke!!!

You sound like a moron right now. You really don't know crap and it's really disgusting you're not supporting who our probable next HC is. He has won 7 straight games at ASU. A lot better than 5-19.

If we were turned down by big name coaches then I understand why we went this route. I am just not a fan of 8-5. That is what we will be spending our hard earned money on...

Well, I will be setting my TUF donation card alight.

Pumping up a coach that had 1 great OC for Auburn is like the people saying "You can't count Iowa St., no one wins there"

I'd take anybody on this board over Malzahn....he's gonna start Frazier next year.....dear god, this is bad. I feel more sick to my stomach now than I did when i first heard ab our trees getting updyked!
    Does our admin not care ab our football program?

I'm thrilled. Gus Malzahn is one of the smartest offensive minds in the game, and a rising star in college football. I look forward to the hiring of a hardnosed defensive coordinator, a renewed commitment to an aggressive strength and conditioning program, and an opportunity to hold on to this recruiting class.

Seems to me like a great option.
    Familiar with the players, they're built for his system, shouldn't be fighting bama for as many recruits, exciting and powerful offense, familiar with Auburn. I think if we hit a home run with the DC hire, this could be a perfect storm of "fear the thumb, the sequel".

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Barner quotes about the hire

Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

So what your saying is....Pat Dye's contract has been extended with the Gus hire.

I am drinking a beer tonight to the barn's 2 win season. They are "all in" now!

BamaNation First Team BamaFanInTally's Avatar

Good 'ole Gus, jumping on the little yellow aubie short bus.

BamaNation Second Team

Looks more and more like Gus was the best the barners could get and no one else would take the job. Surely they would have jumped at any serious candidate. Gus can wait out any NCAA problems and it gives him an excuse for going 6-6 or 7-5 for a couple years while he collects a fat paycheck. I would want to jump off a bridge right now if I were an *U fan - Gus brought in Dyer at Arky St. after all the dirt came out on him and of course Gus knew everything about him and everybody else as it went down at the barn. How can he possibly be expected to clean things up? If*U brought him in to assure there would be no housecleaning, how can they expect anything to change? Maybe all the thugs will decide to start trying for Gus now I guess.

Chizik may have been a fool but he was right about one thing - running Gus's offense there is no way to build a dominant defense to compete in the SEC. The barn's D is already depleted and it doesn't matter what DC they hire. Practicing against the spread every day with small OL running a bunch of trick plays will never result in a dominant defense in the long run. What you'll get is what you've seen the last 2 yrs. Best case for them if everything goes well (not a certainty) in a couple years *U can expect shootouts against Ole Miss, Arky, MSU and other middle tier teams and to get hammered by good SEC teams with solid defenses.
    Last edited by rammerjammer69; December 4th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

BamaNation All-American EscaTider's Avatar

Ahhh...the perfect end to a very stressful day. Get in my car, turn on the radio, and BAM! Merry Christmas indeed. The world continues to laugh at the barn. This was one of the, if not THE most important hires in the barns' history, and this is what you come up with. That's a "white flag" if I ever saw one.