Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Don't know if anyone asked this, but, Do you think Gus will hire Jim Chizik as DC?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I think he already had him, as DC, his last stint as HC. :biggrin:

Let's see.....................last time those 2 were paired up, their offense put up 0 points, against us, and the defense gave up............I forget, but it was a lot. Should answer your question.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Auburn fans are trying their earnest best to spin this as a great hire... Oh, and that Smart is desperately looking to leave which is why he interviewed. I'm not sure that's the best argument to make. "He must be desperate to leave if he interviews for a higher level position at Auburn.". Wow, talk about a really stupid fanbase.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Scabs article...pretty good read.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/12/scarbinsky_is_gus_malzahn_stro.html#incart_river

His demands included full disclosure of the state of the NCAA’s current look-see at the Auburn program, full control of hiring and firing staffers and the opportunity to coordinate the Alabama defense in the BCS Championship Game against Notre Dame.
Smart’s demands are perfectly understandable. So is Auburn’s unwillingness to grant them, which is part of the reason Auburn didn’t offer Smart the job and turned toward Malzahn.
Also, this one from everyone's favorite, Josh Moon...who isn't exactly enamored with the hire...
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...tep-wrong-direction?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

bbqman

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2006
Decatur, AL
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

What's really going to be fun is when Gus uses any success he has at Auburn to leverage himself into a "bigger" job, like Oklahoma, Texas or Florida State. The LBS butthurt over becoming a "stepping stone" program will be epic.

:cool2:
I for one hope that does not happen; simply because, if the big schools come after him that probably means he is winning a few games at the barn.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

What is even funnier about this whole fiasco (just when I thought it could not get any more hysterical) is the fact that there is a good chance that he will keep the current staff in place! That stellar OC, the wonder twins trooper and luper, the stache, whoever is running the strength and conditioning. Everyone stays put. So, the barn byes out the cheese, goes through all this "well, we can't let the program sink any further, our next HC MUST be a home run hire" babble, only to stay right where they are. They promised SO much and delivered nothing!! :rofl:

So, bottom line, this hire would be akin to something like this. Let's say in an alternate universe, I am filthy rich and live in a mansion and have a staff that keeps up the place. I am not pleased with the work of that staff. The place looks terrible. I think to myself that it is time for a change. So, what is my solution? Well, a few years back, there was one decent worker who left for another job. So, I hire that guy back and I don't get rid of anyone else.

Last edited:

rtr1964

Oct 3, 2012
My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

thought I'd use my first post to put out a wild theory I have about Gus, AU and the NCAA.

I read that one of the AU requirements that scarred off potential coaches was to keep Trooper as recruiting coordinator. If that is true and AU brings Gus home and you remember how AU handled the Cam affair, it makes me wonder if they are getting everybody who knows the truth (and isn't getting a buy-out that has a do not talk clause) back on the Plains so they can circle the wagons when the LOI comes?

Now, how's that for a theory?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Well, I wonder if there are any dual threat troubled shooting star quarterbacks on the market next year? We'll soon know I suppose.
I'm betting an uninvited visit to the manziel family with an offer in hand will occur shortly ;)

Last edited:

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
Re: My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

thought I'd use my first post to put out a wild theory I have about Gus, AU and the NCAA.

I read that one of the AU requirements that scarred off potential coaches was to keep Trooper as recruiting coordinator. If that is true and AU brings Gus home and you remember how AU handled the Cam affair, it makes me wonder if they are getting everybody who knows the truth (and isn't getting a buy-out that has a do not talk clause) back on the Plains so they can circle the wagons when the LOI comes?

Now, how's that for a theory?
First ... Welcome and Roll Tide, 1964.

Secondly ... It isn't a wild, black helicopter theory. It's simply the Auburn way! I saw a post in the AJC today about Reuben Foster possibly decommitting to Auburn and going wherever his "father figure" Trooper Taylor goes. My money says both stay at Auburn. Those clowns thumb their collective noses at the NCAA, and this might finally get that middle finger of Auburn's broken clean off.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Re: My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

My theory is that a whole bunch of people are going to be disappointed once again. I just cannot see Malzahn going back there if even a quarter of the supposed stuff that is said to have happened are true. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong, but I see the barn getting a few secondary violations at the most.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.