Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Asked my Auburn friends on Facebook what they thought. Seems like they have the "I can't do anything about it" attitude and accepted the hire.
Best comment, so far...

With ______, I would have liked the defensive genius better. At least we got a genius on the other side of the ball though. If you can't stop anyone on defense, might as well try to outscore them
Because 2011 Auburn's offense just put up gawdy numbers and all... :wink:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

If the same result would be winning a national championship I'm not sure that would make them insane. As much as we all know shady business goes on they haven't been caught (yet). With Gus they almost beat us with an inferior team and pulled the greatest comeback in Iron Bowl history. Can't totally blame them for thinking he could be the answer.
Yah, that was because of Gus, even though we beat them with Gus but no $Cam...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Blaaahahahahahaha

Brad Smelley ‏@bradsmelley
Malzahn hired at Auburn. Bama's recruiting in state will continue to be a "selection" process for Coach Saban. Thanks Barn

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

What I want to know: Who recruited Kiehl Frazier, and is this what we can expect?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Butt-hurt Aubie fan:

So all of a sudden people can predict our football future? I've thought it's been ridiculous to fire coaches after one season but to give flack to a coach who signed the payroll today? Shame...
This is AUsome to watch.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi

Well, well....we don't have to guess "who" in their right mind, knowing NCAA investigations are underway and ongoing, would take a HC position a *U anymore. It's a death sentence as soon as the investigation/sanctions are completed, and I'm sure he's aware of that going in. Talk about stepping on a snake.....

OTOH, I can't believe any of you ever worried about Smart. His mentor cautioned him plenty about stepping on a snake.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Auburn COMMITTED (05/29/2010) Offered 01/21/2011 Gus Malzahn
I know that Cam was purchased. So Keil caught the eye of Gus. Sounds like we're in good shape.

It seems like yesterday when Gus and Mustain were plucked as a package deal from the HS ranks, then the total debacle with the parents at Arkansas after the benching of Mustain, His leaving for Tulsa, Houston Nutt getting canned, Malzahn leaving Tulsa for Auburn, causing trouble behind the scenes there, his crazy wife going viral, bolting for less pay at Arkansas State, and now back to Auby. All in 6 years?

nardobama5

Scout Team
Sep 22, 2009

Its amazing because some of the barners think its really a good hire they really do not realize they right back where they were with CGC they are going to be the exact same

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.