Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Re: Barner quotes about the hire

Simply put, when you're a puppeteer troup, you just walk to the closet, and grab the next puppet.

All in? Check
Know where the bodies are buried? Check
Will retain the trouble-makers? Check

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

A great choice. Auburn's just re-hiring the real head coach from 2010. And this will mean no changes on the Plains. Pat will keep his office and Bobby will continue to pull the strings. SNASS.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

A great choice. Auburn's just re-hiring the real head coach from 2010. And this will mean no changes on the Plains. Pat will keep his office and Bobby will continue to pull the strings. SNASS.
And Gus was who wanted $cam, Jim didn't...

IOW, Gus will continue the cheating.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

"IOW, Gus will continue the cheating."

Cheating is what they are all about. But it is indeed sad when you fail miserably even when you are cheating.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I don't think this is a terrible hire. It will get them back to being competitive quicker than with Smart, to be quite honest. Smart was going to have to burn that whole sucker down before it could be rebuilt. We were talking a roster overhaul even greater than Saban experienced from 2007 through 2009. None of their roster fits what Smart would want to accomplish.

Fraizer is the guy Gus wanted, most of the skill talent was ideal for a spread tempo offense. The defense will still be a hot-mess but I think he might give VanGorder one more year and the offense will become good enough to win 6 or 7.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

"IOW, Gus will continue the cheating."

Cheating is what they are all about. But it is indeed sad when you fail miserably even when you are cheating.
The best (if they ever get nailed) / worst (if they don't) thing that could have happened was 2010 - it just reinvigorated them...

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Well if you remember he took MichealDyer with him to ark st even with all his troubles,that tells you something about him with out any inside info!!

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

*U has hired yet another coach that they won't have to hand the keys to. Another clueless 'yes man' who will go along with anything. Here's to 6-6 and 7-5 seasons, 4th place SEC west finishes, and continued losses to Alabama. Thanks Auburn! We knew you would come through!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

The funny thing is Malzahn will likely retain the same staff and they will continue to do things "The Auburn way" with Pat Dye and Bobby Lowder around and they will expect different results. LOL

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

I love it. Malzahn changes jobs about as often as most people in *burn probably change underwear so give him a couple of years and he'll be on to another gig. I started to say he'll be on to the next big and better thing but in this case, Ark St. is about as big a thing as *burn is at this time.

Also going to be interesting to see if he keeps those thug assistants. If he does, he already knows the pecking order at *burn and is spineless coming in.

The only other joke I think of is Bo being on a search committee. Can that guy even put a full sentence together?

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

"The more things change".."The more they stay the same"..Looks like the Good 'Ole Boys won the battle once again in Lee County..The NCAA will love that..

bat123

All-American

Just got off the phone with my buddy chris and after all the laughter I had a memory back to our NCAA troubles..... Tubbs owning us along with Tenn and no relief in sight.
But Mal made the utlimate hire and gave Coach Saban a contract and new broom and WHOAAA Nelly how things have changed :biggrin:.
I just seems like the 70's all over again!!!!
:biga:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

What's going to be fun..Is when things start go bad for Malzahn at auburn & his wife has her biblical meltdown on Twitter once again..That's going to be hilarious..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.