Link: Auburn hires Ark. St. HC Gus Malzahn

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

I think the PTB @ *burn are taking a big sigh of relief to have Malzahn back on the plantation. He was a walking timebomb knowing all the details of the CN fiasco and they had no idea when the bomb may explode with GMs wife possibly lighting the fuse. Now they have him where if he does lose his job, he will be forever silenced by a non disclosure just like GC will be and all coaches before them. JMO

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Re: My black helicopter theory about Gus and AU

Gosh, can't even watch WSFA without them talking nonstop about this. It seems like they are the only station in Alabama talking about it this much. I mean they're talking like a Saban equivalent just came to Auburn.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Gosh, can't even watch WSFA without them talking nonstop about this. It seems like they are the only station in Alabama talking about it this much. I mean they're talking like a Saban equivalent just came to Auburn.
The WSFA studio is not an hour away from Auburn. I know some of their reporters are AU grads (pretty Sally Pitts is one).

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

The WSFA studio is not an hour away from Auburn. I know some of their reporters are AU grads (pretty Sally Pitts is one).
True, then again I'm sure WBRC talks alot about us lol

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Expect an hour long special any night now, "The Gus Bus Pulls into Toomers Corner" something to that effect. There may be a live shot of Gus laying his hands on the trees to magically bring them Back! Geez, its getting nausiating down here.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012

Expect an hour long special any night now, "The Gus Bus Pulls into Toomers Corner" something to that effect. There may be a live shot of Gus laying his hands on the trees to magically bring them Back! Geez, its getting nausiating down here.
I'm surprised they didn't preempt "The Voice" last night haha

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

This may have been mentioned - I haven't read every page - but Ellis Johnson is the new DC at Aubarn.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States

Gus just fired the entire group of assistants that were left over from the Chiz error. If Gus is taking charge then color me impressed for the time being. Regardless, who ordered the code red, I think it was absolutely the right call.

Kleph from rbr I think said it best for me.

malzahn firing the whole coaching staff smacks of more competence than i like to hear about on the plains. still jay jacobs remains employed

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Gus just fired the entire group of assistants that were left over from the Chiz error. If Gus is taking charge then color me impressed for the time being. Regardless, who ordered the code red, I think it was absolutely the right call.

PR/NCAA appeasement move. They knew they would take a bunch of crap from us, others and the fambly if they kept everyone. This way it appears as if they are making real change while the men behind the curtains remain the same. They will also tell the NCAA "we got rid of all the cheaters as soon as we knew what they were doing, go easy on us" it might work

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

If the firings are true, how long before TT starts talking? This could get interesting.

Also will find out if Foster was bluffing as his bluff has now been called. Hope he winds up at Ark St.

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006

No one is going to talk if they want to coach in the NCAA again. They will get blacklisted.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

If the firings are true, how long before TT starts talking? This could get interesting.

Also will find out if Foster was bluffing as his bluff has now been called. Hope he winds up at Ark St.
no way he talks unless someone offers him a book deal with a guarantee that is higher than aub is willing to pay in hush money. Have to be significantly higher as it will also kill any career opportunities

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Before we get to congratulatory, all the assistants are welcome to apply once the coordinators are in place. I think we can guess who will find a spot.

foreveratidefan

Scout Team
Sep 20, 2005
Smyrna, TN

And just to think Arkansas State plays Auburn at Auburn in the second game of the season next year. Should be fun to watch.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

If true, that's a good first step for Gus...

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Before we get to congratulatory, all the assistants are welcome to apply once the coordinators are in place. I think we can guess who will find a spot.
Lol, yep just read that...so disregard my previous post...

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007

I wonder if the wonder twins will be hired back as fast as $cam was re instated for the SECCG?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Apparently Auburn hires gus

Advantage Auburn...
They won't have to worry about Guss spilling the beans to the NCAA.
BUT
They have to worry about some of the recently released coaches...
(That's likely to get in the Auburn deep pockets) ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.