Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What Role Has Being Alabama Had In Our Resurgence?

2 things, the hiring of Coach Saban and the 2008 class, everything else is history!
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement

Re: What Role Has Being Alabama Had In Our Resurgence?

I think that with a very good to great (outstanding) coach, Alabama will always be a winner! Always has been when we had Coach Wallace Wade, Coach Frank Thomas, Coach Paul Bryant, Coach Gene Stallings, and now Coach Saban. So, in the future, don't name a coach at Alabama who doesn't have their act TOGETHER!

DuBose didn't have the skill set. He was a good assistant coach. Some people are just good assistants and at that they've reached there highest level of effectiveness.
    Shula wasn't ready for the big time in coaching. Didn't have the organizational skills and the stern taskmaster and workaholic mindset.
    Fran: A phony!
    Perkins: I just don't know why. Maybe he was lacking in the necessary skill set also: organizational, etc.
    Ears Whitworth: I'm not sure but he didn't have the skill set that Coach Bryant had. Team expectations, discipline, organizational skills, maybe not having control over the program, who he could hire, etc.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    There's no doubt a unique synergy exists between the U of A -and- Coach Saban. They definitely complement each other. However, without Coach Bryant, would Bama be Bama? I have my doubts to a degree (takes nothing away from the fine institution UA truly is). But I do think UA could have potentially found another good coach after Mike Shula. Maybe we just didn't know how good CNS is when he was hired. I think now the two go hand in hand. Like CNS was meant to coach here. RTR
    Coach Bryant was one-of-a-kind but Bama had been to 4 Rose Bowls by the time it became a PAC10 or BIG10 only party in 1948. Many believe Bama was the reason why they made that decision.

The point is Coach Bryant, like Coach Saban could take that long term tradition and embrace it in a way that's allowed those two to enhance it.

Well it's the reason Saban took the job.

However, I'd say the biggest factor in Bama's resurgence is that RichRod turned the job down.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    Well it's the reason Saban took the job.

However, I'd say the biggest factor in Bama's resurgence is that RichRod turned the job down.
    Thank goodness.