Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 12/5/12

This season's Go.Daddy.com Bowl will be the fifth in a row with at least one of the teams undergoing a coaching change.
    Coaching changes business as usual for GoDaddy.Com Bowl teams-al.com

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Here is Cardiello's response:"He was just talking about how good they played, and that it was a great game. He wishes they could've had a couple of more seconds. But he thought they played great and everything. You could tell he was still a little disappointed about losing that game but he had great things to say. "You know coach Richt - he's kind of calm in every situation. He didn't really show it much, but you could tell he was still a little bit disappointed. I think he was happy about how they played. They had a lot of opportunities to win."

Here's what Georgia's Mark Richt told recruit day after loss to Alabama-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

According to people close to the situation, Smart received Saban's approval to seek the job following Saturday's SEC championship game.
    Kirby Smart had Nick Saban's blessing to seek Auburn job-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is the week for college football awards, and Alabama tops the SEC, but not the nation, in finalists.
    SEC Football by the Numbers: Awards Season (poll)-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In their latest "SECond Look" video report, Mike Herndon and Randy Kennedy look toward the marquee match-up of the postseason -- the BCS National Championship Game with No. 1 Notre Dame and No. 2 Alabama.
    SECond Look video: Does Notre Dame have national championship formula to deploy against Alabama?-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's been a wild 24 hours in college football and the SEC was at the center of some of the day's top stories. Get the latest on all 14 teams in our SEC links roundup.
    What they're saying around the SEC on Wednesday (links)-al.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

While C&P took a week off, a putrid bowl lineup was trotted out. Celebrating mediocrity by allowing a 6-6 team to a bowl game should be frowned upon. At least the BCS Championship Game will be worth its salt this year. 1. Alabama (Last ranking: 2) Alabama surpasses Texas A&M and checks in at No. 1. It is the sad plight of not playing on theÖ

SEC Football: Contenders & Pretenders Regular Season Wrap-bamahammer.com

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Anytime a head-coaching job opens in the SEC, the athletic director at that school stands at the podium and promises his fans with conviction that heís going to go out and hire a proven winner. Sometimes thatís a difficult promise to keep, especially when three other schools in your league are coach-shopping at the same time. But say this for Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long: He delivered on bringing a guy to the Ozarks whose record needs no deciphering.

Hogs get a proven winner in Bielema-SEC BLOG ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

With Arkansas and Auburn filling their head-coaching vacancies Tuesday, Tennessee is up next and could have its search wrapped up as early as Wednesday. Multiple sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Louisville coach Charlie Strong had emerged as the front-runner to be Tennessee's next coach, although nothing had been finalized at that point. Then late Tuesday night, Yahoo! Sports reported that sources at Louisville were confident that Strong would remain at Louisville and be the Cardinals' coach in 2013. They face Florida on Jan. 2 in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

No deal yet for Vols in coach search-SEC BLOG ESPN

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2012 SEC regular-season wrap-(video) SEC BLOG ESPN

Here we are again talking about another potential national championship for the SEC.
    Werenít we having this same conversation last year, the year before that and the year before that?
    In fact, does anybody really remember the last time we werenít having this conversation? The BCS Championship Game festivities will again include an SEC team this season, and once again, itís Alabama carrying the banner for the league. If you think everybody else in college football is tired of seeing the SEC win all the time, try taking the temperature of fans in Baton Rouge, La., or Athens, Ga., or Auburn, Ala., over how tired they are of seeing Alabama win all the time. The Crimson Tide will be chasing history Jan. 7 in the Discover BCS National Championship game against Notre Dame when they go after their third national title in the past four years. The last team to win three outright national titles in a four-year span was Notre Dame in 1946, 1947 and 1949. An Alabama victory in Miami would mark the seventh consecutive national championship for the SEC, which might have been as balanced and strong across the board this season as any of the seasons during its national championship run. The final BCS standings looked more like the SEC standings. Six of the top 10 teams were from the SEC, and all six won at least 10 games.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We've come to the end of the regular season for the SEC, so here is our final batch of power rankings until the new year:

SEC power rankings-SEC BLOG ESPN