Thanks Thanks:  0
Like Like:  0
Dislike Dislike:  0

Some Background on the Rimington Trophy

Not being as familiar with the Rimington Trophy as other awards, I did a little research. Winner is announced Thursday, Dec 6.

http://www.rimingtontrophy.com/

The winner of the Rimington Trophy is selected by determining the consensus All-American center pick from four existing All-America teams.

While more than a dozen All-America teams are selected annually, the Rimington Trophy committee uses these four prestigious teams to determine a winner:

*American Football Coaches Association (AFCA)
    *Walter Camp Foundation (WCF)
    *Sporting News (SN)
    *Football Writers Association of America (FWAA)

Also, they recognize the winner during pre-game at the BCS Championship Game....so CNS should go ahead and plan on Barrett being distracted a bit during normal pre-game warmups!!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

2. Advertisement

Re: Some Background on the Rimington Trophy

Well, Barrett has to be named an AA by the other three because AFCA did not vote him one.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson