Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Some Background on the Rimington Trophy

Not being as familiar with the Rimington Trophy as other awards, I did a little research. Winner is announced Thursday, Dec 6.

http://www.rimingtontrophy.com/

The winner of the Rimington Trophy is selected by determining the consensus All-American center pick from four existing All-America teams.

While more than a dozen All-America teams are selected annually, the Rimington Trophy committee uses these four prestigious teams to determine a winner:

*American Football Coaches Association (AFCA)
    *Walter Camp Foundation (WCF)
    *Sporting News (SN)
    *Football Writers Association of America (FWAA)

Also, they recognize the winner during pre-game at the BCS Championship Game....so CNS should go ahead and plan on Barrett being distracted a bit during normal pre-game warmups!!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Some Background on the Rimington Trophy

Well, Barrett has to be named an AA by the other three because AFCA did not vote him one.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!