Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BCSCG Officials...

Does anyone know about their selection? It seems to me that, in the past, they couldn't come from either participant's conference, but how does Notre Dame being an indy fit in with that?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: BCSCG Officials...

Earle,
    From all I've found states they will come from one of the 6 AQ conferences, minus consideration if a team from that conference is in the game. I haven't seen anything on which conference is officiating this year.

It is a task that is considered both a reward and a huge responsibility, according to Rogers Redding, the national coordinator for college football officiating.

As Redding explained, the selection of the officiating crew is based in part on rotation as well as expertise. Only crews from the six automatic qualifier conferences -- SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Big East and Pac 12 -- are considered, and crews from conferences represented in the game are not eligible to officiate.
    That was from an article before last years BSCNCG btw...

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Does anyone know about their selection? It seems to me that, in the past, they couldn't come from either participant's conference, but how does Notre Dame being an indy fit in with that?
    ND gets 5 Frocks for their home games!
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation First Team

Notre Dame uses Big East crews, which I assume would eliminate them from contention along with SEC officials.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDude06 View Post
    Notre Dame uses Big East crews, which I assume would eliminate them from contention along with SEC officials.
    Their new deal with the ACC should eliminate them from being available, too.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Their new deal with the ACC should eliminate them from being available, too.
    Agreed I think we end up with PAC 12, least biased towards or against either team. Big 10 and Big 12 both a little to close to ND and Bama respectively.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big 12 officiated last year, so if they rotate it we are down to Pac 12 or little 10 ... of course ND doesn't particiate in ACC football...so I suppose they could be in the mix also...

BamaNation Second Team

I wonder if the NFL replacement refs are available?

Quote Originally Posted by deboard View Post
    LOL!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deboard View Post
    Let's hope not.
    I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games. - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

The poor SEC officials never get to do it.
    Roll Tide

Do they screen for religion? I wouldn't be happy with an all Catholic crew either!

BamaNation All-SEC

Any truth to the rumor that ND said an SEC crew was fine with them as long as it was Tom Ritter's?