Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SECCG Highest Rated game of the season

guessing Bama/ND will be the highest rated for 2013

final half hour pulled in nearly 22 million viewers!

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...homes-watched/

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: SECCG Highest Rated game of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post

could be the highest rated BCSNCG ever...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Correct and many talking heads are saying it will be the highest rated college game of all time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wont be highly rated because it's on ESPN. Believe it or not there's a LOT of people out there who still don't have Cable.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Wont be highly rated because it's on ESPN. Believe it or not there's a LOT of people out there who still don't have Cable.
    Bingo. Highest rated cable BCS Championship game is Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1 Highest BCS Championship game overall is USC/Texas (Broadcast on ABC) with a 21.7

The Alabama/Notre Dame number will probably be somewhere between that, but it will not beat a 21.7 on cable.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

true...actually at least 1/3 of americans don't have cable. the 2013 game will absolutely blow away last year's great #'s...

January 9, 2012 BCS National Championship: cable’s second-biggest audience (avg.: 24.2M viewers) and ESPN’s second-highest rating (16.2) for Alabama’s 21-0 victory over LSU.

true...actually at least 1/3 of americans don't have cable. the 2013 game will absolutely blow away last year's great #'s...

January 9, 2012 BCS National Championship: cable’s second-biggest audience (avg.: 24.2M viewers) and ESPN’s second-highest rating (16.2) for Alabama’s 21-0 victory over LSU.
    Last year had the third-lowest TV rating (of BCS national championship games) with a 14.01...

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Last year had the third-lowest TV rating (of BCS national championship games) with a 14.01...
    But it was the 2nd highest rated cable broadcast of all time. That's why the numbers out there about how poorly rated it was are misleading. It was on ESPN, instead of ABC where it had been for a long time.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

ME!

Just like Alice Cooper, I had to marry a girl with a car and a job....................and a house..........with cable. Wanna guess how many Iron Bowls I missed, during that 10 year (?) stretch it was no longer on ABC.

The whole concept of all the bowl games being on ESPN means I will miss most of them. (Still work out of the non-cable "old" house.) It stinks.
    "As slowly turns the grinding wheel
    In the court of the crimson king."

BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Bingo. Highest rated cable BCS Championship game is Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1 Highest BCS Championship game overall is USC/Texas (Broadcast on ABC) with a 21.7

The Alabama/Notre Dame number will probably be somewhere between that, but it will not beat a 21.7 on cable.
    I think some of you are selling this cable thing short. ESPN has more then 100 million subscribers so, it is possible for them to beat the 21.7 of the USC/Texas. Of course, since ESPN is included with every basic cable subscription, nowhere near all those subscribers are sports fans. I doubt it will break the BCSCG rating record but, it's not impossible.

And alot of people watch it online, which lowers the ratings it receives.
    "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year, to dominate."

Whatever the ratings, this will be the most watched college football game in history. Everyone who wants to see this game will find a way. This game has garnered more interest than any other college game from both fans and advertisers.

But it was the 2nd highest rated cable broadcast of all time. That's why the numbers out there about how poorly rated it was are misleading. It was on ESPN, instead of ABC where it had been for a long time.
    2nd Highest was Patriots/Saints game in 2009 on ESPN with a rating of 14.4