SECCG Highest Rated game of the season

Wont be highly rated because it's on ESPN. Believe it or not there's a LOT of people out there who still don't have Cable.
Bingo. Highest rated cable BCS Championship game is Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1 Highest BCS Championship game overall is USC/Texas (Broadcast on ABC) with a 21.7

The Alabama/Notre Dame number will probably be somewhere between that, but it will not beat a 21.7 on cable.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
true...actually at least 1/3 of americans don't have cable. the 2013 game will absolutely blow away last year's great #'s...

January 9, 2012BCS National Championship: cable’s second-biggest audience (avg.: 24.2M viewers) and ESPN’s second-highest rating (16.2) for Alabama’s 21-0 victory over LSU.

Kevo

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2011
true...actually at least 1/3 of americans don't have cable. the 2013 game will absolutely blow away last year's great #'s...

January 9, 2012BCS National Championship: cable’s second-biggest audience (avg.: 24.2M viewers) and ESPN’s second-highest rating (16.2) for Alabama’s 21-0 victory over LSU.
Last year had the third-lowest TV rating (of BCS national championship games) with a 14.01...

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Last year had the third-lowest TV rating (of BCS national championship games) with a 14.01...
But it was the 2nd highest rated cable broadcast of all time. That's why the numbers out there about how poorly rated it was are misleading. It was on ESPN, instead of ABC where it had been for a long time.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Wont be highly rated because it's on ESPN. Believe it or not there's a LOT of people out there who still don't have Cable.
ME!

Just like Alice Cooper, I had to marry a girl with a car and a job....................and a house..........with cable. Wanna guess how many Iron Bowls I missed, during that 10 year (?) stretch it was no longer on ABC.

The whole concept of all the bowl games being on ESPN means I will miss most of them. (Still work out of the non-cable "old" house.) It stinks.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Bingo. Highest rated cable BCS Championship game is Auburn/Oregon with a 16.1 Highest BCS Championship game overall is USC/Texas (Broadcast on ABC) with a 21.7

The Alabama/Notre Dame number will probably be somewhere between that, but it will not beat a 21.7 on cable.
I think some of you are selling this cable thing short. ESPN has more then 100 million subscribers so, it is possible for them to beat the 21.7 of the USC/Texas. Of course, since ESPN is included with every basic cable subscription, nowhere near all those subscribers are sports fans. I doubt it will break the BCSCG rating record but, it's not impossible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Whatever the ratings, this will be the most watched college football game in history. Everyone who wants to see this game will find a way. This game has garnered more interest than any other college game from both fans and advertisers.

Kevo

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2011
But it was the 2nd highest rated cable broadcast of all time. That's why the numbers out there about how poorly rated it was are misleading. It was on ESPN, instead of ABC where it had been for a long time.
2nd Highest was Patriots/Saints game in 2009 on ESPN with a rating of 14.4

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think the numbers are around 20-25% but, that is quite significant and the number is probably growing. I know just over 50% of households have cable, and that would mean around another 30% have some other form of pay TV. But, while ESPN is popular I'm sure there are some pay TV packages without it. I don't have cable right now, but of course I'm not going to miss Alabama games one way or the other.

The ratings talk was all anti-BCS propaganda and the people saying it knew it as well. They were trying to build momentum for a push towards a playoff and they pointed at ratings of a cable program vs broadcast as "evidence" and they were being deliberately misleading. ESPN was plenty happy with the ratings.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
So are you telling me that the BCSCG will actually be on ESPN the channel and not the ESPN network which airs some games on ABC? If so, I'm screwed. I'm one of those people without "pay for" TV.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
I guess because of the generation I was born into, I don't understand how you guys live without cable. It's great having literally like 10 channels with football games on them.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
So are you telling me that the BCSCG will actually be on ESPN the channel and not the ESPN network which airs some games on ABC? If so, I'm screwed. I'm one of those people without "pay for" TV.
yep. but whatever you did last year to watch it...do it again

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.