Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Cecil Hurt (@CecilHurt) tweeted at 0:13 PM on Wed, Dec 12, 2012:
Wouldn't be startling RT @TonyPauline: Sources: Giovani Bernard/UNC & Eddie Lacy/Ala will enter the draft...DJ Fluker/T/Ala will follow suit
(https://twitter.com/CecilHurt/status/278925633793433600)

A few more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Not surprising. Lacy is so underrated and we see what he can do at full strength when healthy. He was like a bull in a china shop against Auburn and Georgia. He's really been fun to watch the last few weeks. The month off to heal and rest up only helps him that much more as we prepare for Notre Dame. Fluker was pretty much expected to leave after this year. Good luck to both.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
McShay did his first mock draft today. He had Milliner going to Detroit at #7 and Warmack blocking for Trent in Cleveland at #10.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It makes sense to me that Lattimore is going. RBs, more than any other position need to go as soon as possible.

Some team will spend a 4-7 rounder on him, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons take him if he's available.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I honestly expected Eddie to declare. He's been in the system 4 years now and, gladly exceeding my expectations, finally looks healthy.

RTR!!!

Gotta make room for all the RBs we have coming in -- it's crazy how much talent is lining up to play....

TJ, Hart, Drake, Fowler -- plus all the FROSH coming.... sweet!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I never seriously thought DJ would be back next year. He goes with the thanks of a grateful university and I hope he cashes in and can bring his family some security like it has never had before. AJ should stay -- lots of QBs on the board this year. EL can really help himself with a monster game in January -- not to mention the team. As many nagging injuries as he's had to live with, I think he is right to go. RBs have only so many miles in them and he's run a lot. Don't get me wrong, love to have them back, but I do try to live in the real world from time to time.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
Eddie and DJ will do just fine in the pros as with Chance...

agree we need to keep the jackals away for another month

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
I'll put this here, because it's just speculation at this point, but Phil Savage said on the radio this morning that by all indications CJ Moseley will come back for another year. This was on WNSP in Mobile. They were talking to him about the Senior Bowl and asked about some of the players that were leaving early and the fact that AJ said yesterday he was returning.

Take it for what it's worth, which at this point in time, is not much.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I'll put this here, because it's just speculation at this point, but Phil Savage said on the radio this morning that by all indications CJ Moseley will come back for another year. This was on WNSP in Mobile. They were talking to him about the Senior Bowl and asked about some of the players that were leaving early and the fact that AJ said yesterday he was returning.

I would love to see CJ Mosely come back next season, for very selfish reasons.
:)

Seriously, if he can come back and improve his draft status, thats excellent for him and us. That extra leadership would be nice to have on defense.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

I don't think he does much by coming back except increase his exposure, but I'd love to have him. I've been puzzled all year as to why his name isn't mentioned more from the talking heads. He's stood out on a team full of future NFL players. He plays smart, and makes big plays.

35 yard INT for a TD against UF in 2010.
INT of Jefferson in the National Championship Game.
Tipped Pass that sealed the win against UGA in the SEC Championship game.

Even in our 1 loss this year, he was maybe the only guy on defense who brought his A game. 14 tackles (career high) & a sack.

C.J.'s never played with a mean streak, and that's probably been his greatest detriment. He doesn't play like he should be feared. (He's quietly good, if that makes sense) You tend to forget he's out there because his approach is so business-like. But that's not meant to be disparaging. I think he's the most athletic linebacker of the Saban era. He has the coverage skills most of the LB's we've had come through Tuscaloosa over the last 6 years have lacked. If he comes back next year he'll be the undisputed alpha dog on a defense that has the potential to be even better than this years.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think IT all depends on CJ Mosley's performance in the championship game. If he steps up big time in the game like he did last year, then he could see his draft stock go up big time. I think he won't decide until after the championship, but for the moment he could be staying. It's important that he stand out in that game.

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.