Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'd pee my pants if we wound up with Matt Elam. He fits our mold perfectly. I'd be even more elated if we were picking at #32 instead of the projected 29 slot.

Edit: By WE, I mean the San Fran 49ers. For anyone who doesn't know, I've been a Niner fan all my life. Actually, it was the Niners, not Alabama, that made me fall in love with this beautiful sport. So as you can imagine, with Bama's resurgence and the Niners working our way back to the top, I'm in a football utopia right now.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
it was their crappy coaching. they got run over/through all year long.
There's that, but in the Alabama game they faced an offensive line that simply was not going to be denied. It really looked like an NFL line vs a HS line. The holes were yards wide, and you had the RBs to take advantage.

Considering the level of competition, one of the most impressive performances that I have ever seen by an O-Line.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There's that, but in the Alabama game they faced an offensive line that simply was not going to be denied. It really looked like an NFL line vs a HS line. The holes were yards wide, and you had the RBs to take advantage.

Considering the level of competition, one of the most impressive performances that I have ever seen by an O-Line.
im not discounting our dominance in that game (that o-line performance was legendary to say the least),

but the georgia d (and their team as a whole fwiw ;) ) has under-performed (at least based on talent available) for quite some time.

buffalo rushed for 199 yards on them. georgia gave up 180+ rushing yards per game this year.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Georgia plays overaggressive in their technique and their defensive front frequently gets washed out of plays.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
im not discounting our dominance in that game (that o-line performance was legendary to say the least),

but the georgia d (and their team as a whole fwiw ;) ) has under-performed (at least based on talent available) for quite some time.

buffalo rushed for 199 yards on them. georgia gave up 180+ rushing yards per game this year.
If you take out our 350 -- their average drops to about 165 YPG

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: Per ESPN- Tennessee's Bray among others leaving for draft.

I understand the offensive players going pro, but I'm surprised Sentimore is leaving. Is he projected as an early rounder or is this just to get out of school? Kids should leave if they are projected first, second, or third round because the money is very good there, but I feel bad for the kids that make unwise decisions like the Oregon QB a year or two ago that didn't even get drafted.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.