Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team Rolltide_PA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer91 View Post
    Joeckel of A&M has decided to enter the Draft.http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/fro...9bb2963f4.html
    wouldn't be shocked if he were top 3 or 4 taken

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post

Unless he bombs at the combine, he'll be the first lineman taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    I've seen him projected as the #1 player taken on some mock drafts.

Matthews is pretty much guaranteed a first round pick as well, so I'm kinda surprised he might return.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation First Team

If he kills it at the combine, he could very well go #1 overall, especially with the lack of Quarterbacks that could go in the first round, let alone the top 10.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

updated list prior to Joeckel...

Rk Name Pos School Recent News (click headline to view more)
    1 Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M Aggies Aggies DE Damontre Moore to enter NFL Draft
    2 Bjoern Werner DE Florida State Seminoles Schad: Bjoern Werner will enter the '13 Draft
    3 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri Tigers Sheldon Richardson will enter the 2013 Draft
    4 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida Gators Florida DT Floyd leaving school early for NFL
    5 Jarvis Jones LB Georgia Bulldogs Jarvis Jones may be top-5, 'pending medicals'
    6 Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio State Buckeyes Buckeyes DT Hankins will enter the NFL Draft
    7 Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State Seminoles Seminoles CB Xavier Rhodes is going pro
    8 Keenan Allen WR California Golden Bears Cal's Allen only first-round WR from Pauline
    9 Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee Volunteers Kiper: Tenn WR Patterson has 'star potential'
    10 Matt Elam S Florida Gators Gators S Matt Elam declares for the NFL Draft
    11 Alec Ogletree LB Georgia Bulldogs Dogs ILB Alec Ogletree to the NFL is official
    12 Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina Tar Heels McShay: Bernard's comparison is Vereen/McCoy
    13 Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia Mountaineers Stedman Bailey breaks out with 126 yds, 2 TDs
    14 Zach Ertz TE Stanford Cardinal Stanford TE Ertz will enter April's NFL Draft
    15 Jordan Reed TE Florida Gators Gators TE Jordan Reed enters the NFL Draft
    16 Eric Reid S LSU Tigers LSU announces safety Eric Reid is going pro
    17 Levine Toilolo TE Stanford Cardinal 'Other' Stanford TE Toilolo leaving for NFL
    18 Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU Tigers PFT: Mathieu currently viewed as 4th rounder
    19 Travis Frederick C Wisconsin Badgers Badgers C Travis Frederick departing to NFL
    20 Robert Woods WR USC Trojans Update: Woods received a second-round grade
    21 Bennie Logan DT LSU Tigers LSU DT Bennie Logan declares for NFL Draft
    22 Jawan Jamison RB Rutgers Scarlet Knights Rutgers RB Jawan Jamison heading to the NFL
    23 Justin Hunter WR Tennessee Volunteers McShay: 'Underwhelmed' by Hunter's toughness
    24 Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma Sooners Sooners safety Jefferson headed to the NFL
    25 Logan Ryan CB Rutgers Scarlet Knights Rutgers CB Logan Ryan declares for the Draft
    26 Corey Lemonier DE Auburn Tigers Auburn DE Lemonier declares for the NFL Draft
    27 William Gholston DL Michigan State Spartans Report: DE William Gholston plans to declare
    28 Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State Aztecs San Diego State TE Escobar declares for NFL
    29 Kenny Stills WR Oklahoma Sooners Oklahoma WR Stills declares for the NFL Draft
    30 Akeem Spence DT Illinois Fighting Illini Illini DT Spence makes move to NFL official
    31 Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Former Vol WR Rogers will enter 2013 Draft
    32 Dion Sims TE Michigan State Spartans Report: Spartans TE Sims declaring for NFL
    33 Alvin Bailey G Arkansas Razorbacks Arkansas G Alvin Bailey enters the 2013 Draft
    34 Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Gamecocks Details emerge in RB Lattimore's knee injury
    35 Tharold Simon CB LSU Tigers LSU CB Tharold Simon entering the '13 Draft
    36 Jelani Jenkins LB Florida Gators Gators LB Jelani Jenkins leaving for the NFL
    37 Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State Spartans Le'Veon Bell tells HC Dantonio he's declaring
    38 Tyler Bray QB Tennessee Volunteers Tenn QB Bray signs with agent, NFL next
    39 Knile Davis RB Arkansas Razorbacks Arkansas RB Knile Davis jumping to the NFL
    40 Joe Kruger DE Utah Utes Utah DE Joe Kruger headed to the NFL Draft
    41 Spencer Ware RB LSU Tigers LSU RB Spencer Ware to skip SR year for NFL
    42 Stefphon Jefferson RB Nevada Wolf Pack Nevada RB Stefphon Jefferson declares for NFL
    43 Mike Edwards CB Hawaii Warriors Hawaii CB Mike Edwards to enter the Draft
    44 Trabis Ward RB Tennessee State Tigers Tenn State RB Ward declares for April's Draft

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for that list. But it's missing a lot of the LSU guys. Minter, Ford, Mingo, Montgomery
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    Thanks for that list. But it's missing a lot of the LSU guys. Minter, Ford, Mingo, Montgomery
    Wing...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

this should be updated but looks like it's not
    http://www.rotoworld.com/rankings/cf...-rankings?rt=3

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by russtang View Post
    Wing...
    Punters don't get taken until the 3rd or 4th round at best.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Dope Smoking Punters don't get taken until the 3rd or 4th round at best.
    FIFY
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Man, LSU is losing a TON. Hard to believe they'll be anything but rebuilding next year.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Man, LSU is losing a TON. Hard to believe they'll be anything but rebuilding next year.
    I talked to my employee who's the biggest LSU fan that I know. And he's of the thought that they have a lot coming back. In terms of talent, he's right. But that's a LOT of snaps leaving. The experience they're losing is substantial. It'll be up to Mettenberger to be a real leader next year.

They're losing both Michael Ford AND Spencer Ware. I can see that with the LSU pretty much moving toward featuring Jeremy Hill in the running game. Thing is, if you'll recall, Hill had a little legal situation before he got to LSU that caused him to miss his freshman year. So if he has a year better or even comparable to the productivity he output this year, he can bolt after next season. Les is a great recruiter. And unlike some other schools that load up on 4 and 5 star athletes, LSU actually develops their players when they get there. They have a LOT of work ahead of them.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

LSU is going to be better on the OL, Hill is a stud at tailback, Mettenburger will probably be better because what surrounds him will improve. I think they like their young LBs Debo Jones and Kwon Alexander. Losing Minter, Logan, Mingo, Simon, and Montgomery is going to be tough though. Rasco looks like he has potential to be a good DE but they're probably going to play their commit Beckwith a good bit in 2013. Because of injuries, they played a lot of guys who were suppose to be depth or rotational guys this year. That will probably help them a good deal in overcoming the defections to the draft.

They'll probably be better than you'd expect with all these guys leaving the team but they're going to need Mettenburger to live up to his hype if they want to hang with Alabama and TAMU.