Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I thought this part of Texas A&M OT Joeckel's departing letter was nice:

…The Texas A&M Administration – I can’t tell you how thankful I am that you moved us to the SEC. As a result of your decision, Texas A&M has many great opportunities – but speaking for myself, your decision meant I had the chance to play against the best competition in the country. That is a major reason why I am in the position I am now.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Cecil Hurt just retweeted from nfldraftscout that hearing OLB Adrian Hubbard is leaning toward entering 2013 NFL draft. Decision expected tomorrow.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Cecil Hurt just retweeted from nfldraftscout that hearing OLB Adrian Hubbard is leaning toward entering 2013 NFL draft. Decision expected tomorrow.
I clicked on the tweet and read some of the tweets to nfldraftscout and his responses. He says he projects Hubbard as a First Round pick.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Hub may be concerned about getting passed for playing time, according to more than one poster on our boards. If this is true, I may have to give that theory a little thought.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hahahaha!! Whhaaaaaaattt??? Based on what exactly?

Edit: you know what? That was wrong. If Adrian decides to bolt, I support him 100% as I don't know what his situation may be. All of these guys who are getting these "so called" first round grades throughout the country, however, need to remember that there are only 32 picks in the first round. I wish them all the best of luck, and I'm rooting for them to get as much money out of it as they can.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hubbard isn't a first-round quality player. I don't even think he's second-round quality. Whoever is suggesting he should leave because of a high grade is not looking out for his best interest. If he's just leaving because he feels Devall is going to pass him...that is another thing. Either way, he's a low second round player at best.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Hubbard has first round measurables, but doesn't have anywhere near a first round grade. His body of work is sporadic at best. The thing is, some teams will draft on insane measurables and great combines. Look at Dontari People from Memphis. He killed it at the combine, and although his game tape never backed it up ended up going in the first. So you never know...

In aTm news... the other bookend of their offensive line, Matthews, decided to stay in school...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.