Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Now that the regular season is over, some players are beginning to announce they are going pro. Thought I would start one thread to have all the players instead of threads about each player.

So far to declare:

Keenan Allen WR 6-3 210 Jr. California
David Amerson CB 6-3 194 Jr. North Carolina State
Alvin Bailey OG 6-5 312 Jr. Arkansas
Stedman Bailey WR 5-10 195 Jr. West Virginia
David Bakhtiari OT 6-4 295 Jr. Colorado
Le'Veon Bell RB 6-2 244 Jr. Michigan State
Giovani Bernard RB 5-10 206 Jr. North Carolina
Josh Boyce WR 6-0 203 Jr. TCU
Tyler Bray QB 6-6 215 Jr. Tennessee
Terrence Brown CB 6-1 178 Jr. Stanford
Knile Davis RB 6-0 226 Jr. Arkansas
Mike Edwards CB 5-10 180 Jr. Hawaii
Tyler Eifert TE 6-6 251 Jr. Notre Dame
Matt Elam S 5-10 202 Jr. Florida
Zach Ertz TE 6-6 252 Jr. Stanford
Gavin Escobar TE 6-6 255 Jr. San Diego State
Chris Faulk OT 6-6 323 Jr. LSU
Sharrif Floyd DT 6-3 303 Jr. Florida
Michael Ford RB 5-10 216 Jr. LSU
Travis Frederick C 6-4 338 Jr. Wisconsin
William Gholston DE 6-7 278 Jr. Michigan State
Johnathan Hankins DT 6-3 322 Jr. Ohio State
Justin Hunter WR 6-4 200 Jr. Tennessee
Jawan Jamison RB 5-8 200 Jr. Rutgers
Stefphon Jefferson RB 5-11 210 Jr. Nevada
Tony Jefferson S 5-11 212 Jr. Oklahoma
Brandon Jenkins DE 6-3 260 Jr. Florida State
Jelani Jenkins LB 6-0 237 Jr. Florida
Luke Joeckel OT 6-6 310 Jr. Texas A&M
Jarvis Jones LB 6-3 241 Jr. Georgia
Brandon Kaufman WR 6-5 215 Jr. Eastern Washington
Joe Kruger DE 6-7 280 Jr. Utah
Marcus Lattimore RB 6-0 218 Jr. South Carolina
Corey Lemonier DE 6-4 246 Jr. Auburn
Bennie Logan DT 6-3 295 Jr. LSU
Tyrann Mathieu CB 5-10 182 Jr. LSU
Barkevious Mingo LB/DE 6-5 240 Jr. LSU
Kevin Minter LB 6-2 245 Jr. LSU
Sam Montgomery DE 6-4 260 Jr. LSU
Damontre Moore DT 6-4 250 Jr. Texas A&M
Alec Ogletree LB 6-3 232 Jr. Georgia
Cordarrelle Patterson WR 6-3 205 Jr. Tennessee
Justin Pugh OT 6-5 298 Jr. Syracuse
Jordan Reed TE 6-3 243 Jr. Florida
Eric Reid S 6-2 212 Jr. LSU
Xavier Rhodes CB 6-2 217 Jr. Florida State
Sheldon Richardson DT 6-4 295 Jr. Missouri
Da'Rick Rogers WR 6-3 206 Jr. Tennessee Tech
Logan Ryan CB 6-0 190 Jr. Rutgers
Darrington Sentimore DT 6-2 288 Jr. Tennessee
Tharold Simon CB 6-3 193 Jr. LSU
Dion Sims TE 6-5 285 Jr. Michigan State
Akeem Spence DT 6-1 300 Jr. Illinois
Kenny Stills WR 6-1 189 Jr. Oklahoma
Chris Thompson RB 5-8 187 Jr. Florida State
Levine Toilolo TE 6-8 265 Jr. Stanford
Jeff Tuel QB 6-3 221 Jr. Washington State
Trabis Ward RB 5-10 200 Jr. Tennessee State
Spencer Ware RB 5-11 225 Jr. LSU
Bjoern Werner DE 6-4 255 Jr. Florida State
Steve Williams CB 5-10 185 Jr. California
Brad Wing P 6-3 197 Jr. LSU
Cierre Wood RB 6-0 215 Jr. Notre Dame
Robert Woods WR 6-1 190 Jr. USC

Anyone I'm missing?

Edit from RTO: not to hijack, I just found a list online that was compiled and alphabetized.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I am concerned about Lattimore's health. I think he is an outstanding individual and excellent player and wish him all the success in the world. I just hope he is not moving too fast with this decision.

I am concerned about Lattimore's health. I think he is an outstanding individual and excellent player and wish him all the success in the world. I just hope he is not moving too fast with this decision.
You know owners are going to be gun shy regarding his injuries....especially after just coming off a bad one. I would think his best chance would be to stay and prove himself...if he can :p_ask:

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
My only point of reference for Lattimore is Willis McGahee. He had a catastrophic injury in the title game and was drafted in the first round (late) by Buffalo.

Granted, Lattimore has had 2 serious injuries, but I think someone will take a chance on him in the late rounds. When healthy, he's a great back. And he'd be cheap if drafted later.

From his viewpoint, he needs to leave now and not risk another major injury the next time he plays college ball. If he leaves now, he's at least got a chance to make some $$.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
With you. Good kid. Do not see how anyone would take him with such a catastropic injury. Just do not see this happening.
I can't see how waiting at least a year isnt a better idea. Right now he'd just be drafted on speculation and i dont see anyone taking that gamble until the last round or free agency.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Lattimore WILL get drafted...probably not high, but he has too much talent for some team hoping to hit the jackpot in the later rounds to pass up. His rehab and recovery will not be kept a secret...granted, not like game time, but IMO he returns and gets hurt again it's gonna be REAL difficult for him to make it. JMO

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
By Lattimore being hurt, it seems that would encourage him to go pro. Let's face it. If he comes back for another year of college, he runs the risk of getting hurt again, lowering his draft stock (see Matt Barkley), or just running off more tread on those tires. RB's don't have a long shelf life in the NFL anyway. Get in there while you still have some tread. Makes no sense to come back and make things worse. Lattimore has showcased his talent already. What else does he have to prove? Coaches and owners have seen players replace knees before. They know how it affects players ability.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I can't see how waiting at least a year isnt a better idea. Right now he'd just be drafted on speculation and i dont see anyone taking that gamble until the last round or free agency.
I think that is the idea. It is still speculation, but if he is really that messed up, he still may be picked in the 3rd of 4th round on a flyer and may never be drafted otherwise.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I think that is the idea. It is still speculation, but if he is really that messed up, he still may be picked in the 3rd of 4th round on a flyer and may never be drafted otherwise.
i can't see it, It's no guarantee that he will recover well enough to play anytime soon at that level. I hope he does well, I just think anything other than a 6th or 7th round shot, since those are more often than not spots where you take guys who may make up your practice squad if nothing else. But what do I know, best of luck to him.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
i can't see it, It's no guarantee that he will recover well enough to play anytime soon at that level. I hope he does well, I just think anything other than a 6th or 7th round shot, since those are more often than not spots where you take guys who may make up your practice squad if nothing else. But what do I know, best of luck to him.
You are right that there is no guarantee that he will recover well enough to play anytime soon at that level. There is no guarantee he will ever play at his former level if he stays at USC. But if he did get to that level of play at USC, Steve Spurrior is gonna get him killed running him 30 plus times a game! ;)

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
You are right that there is no guarantee that he will recover well enough to play anytime soon at that level. There is no guarantee he will ever play at his former level if he stays at USC. But if he did get to that level of play at USC, Steve Spurrior is gonna get him killed running him 30 plus times a game! ;)
This is why I like our 2, 3 4 back system. It helps the team and protects the player by minimizing the opportunities for injury.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
I hope this kid can fully recovery and has a chance at an NFL career. A runningback's best quality is always his youth.

I remember Michael Bush getting picked in the 4th round after a devastating leg injury. I certainly think he'll be drafted with the understanding that he likely won't play in 2013.

I'd just hate to see him on one of those 30 for 30 programs as the best that never was along the lines of a Dupree.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Juniors Declaring Early (nation-wide list)

A few high profile players have already declared, so I felt like it would be a good time to start the thread to track who all declares. Typically, the majority of players who declare do so in early January after the bowl games start winding down. Here are the ones I've seen so far, let me know if there are any I have missed.

Keenan Allen WR Cal
David Amerson CB NCST
Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Tyrann Mathieu CB N/A (formerly LSU)
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech (formerly Tennessee)

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
There's a chance Lattimore is doing this to cash in on his insurance policy. If he declares and doesn't get drafted, he gets his insurance payout. If he declares and does get drafted, he gets paid to rehab. It's a win-win. He gains nothing from coming back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.