Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: To those who ask why Malzahn would take the AU job with the NCAA sniffing around.

AU has a nice retirement plan.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: To those who ask why Malzahn would take the AU job with the NCAA sniffing around.

Actually, Gus took the job because he knew the only way the NCAA was going to really get the goods on *U would be if someone on the inside brought it out. Since he took the job at Arky St., he was no longer privy to a lot of *U's internal secrets. Since they were looking for a new coach, he thought he'd take the job. Once he was again on the inside, he'd have the opportunity to bring their secrets to light.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    I have to see what the staff looks like before I comment too much. But, if Trooper is still around I guess it's because he's tied to this no matter what.

Gus was the one that pushed for Cam, who as we know was being shopped around. Gus is the one that stuck with Dyer even when he proved to be a criminal. If Gus doesn't do some housecleaning we'll have our answer.

There's something interesting here and Gene might have been the patsy. Consider the notion that many felt Gene was brought in strictly because Auburn knew they could continue doing what ever they wanted without interference. Add to that the fact that a lot of people felt Gus was the one responsible for more than a coordinator should be responsible for.

It is entirely possible that Gene turned out to be the one getting fed up with things. He tried getting more strict, he did a poor job but if he was never in control that would be a good explanation. Gus might turn out to be the guy that knew where the bodies were buried and Auburn in turn might have some leverage over him. If they're both in this together, it kind of makes sense that they stick together.

As I said though, let's see what the staff looks like. But, if Trooper is still around I think we all know what's going on... Also, if Auburn hangs onto most of their top recruits that will tell us something to. They were winless in the SEC and fired their coach. Normal recruiting tactics do not keep a class around after that sort of debacle.
    Trooper was let go yesterday.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I think what is hilarious is the assumption Gus is the terminator of CNS based off of two games where he went 1-1 with a victory margin of one point (2009, 2010 Iron Bowls). He had an off week before both games, the first was at home & the second had more to do with our turning the ball over & injuries than anything else.
    Did they just conveniently leave out 2011 in their assumption where the offense did not score a point?

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Trooper was let go yesterday.
    Yea but most seem to forget that the former assistants are all allowed to interview for their positions now that Gus is back in the fold. All except for Uncle Rico that is due to the hiring of Ellis.

I for one would like to see Trooper out of football altogether, but not counting my chickens yet

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    They did get a little better, maybe. I feel that will be short lives though.

Malzahn will improve the team, of course after a 3-9 season with 0-8 record in conference...how could he not?

They have some decent players down there to work with, but Chizik showed that he cannot maintain any kind of discipline or develop talent...

Im not sure of all the conspiracy theories beign written, but I do think that the majority realized, or at least learned from this past season, that Malzahn had more to do with their championship season that Chizik did...

he was the symbol o recent success for them...thats the mainreason he was brought back in...to try and reclaim it...

Now, all they need to do is find that once in a lifetime QB again and have the lightening strike the same place twice...
    dont see that part happening...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by tidefaninvr View Post
    Yea but most seem to forget that the former assistants are all allowed to interview for their positions now that Gus is back in the fold. All except for Uncle Rico that is due to the hiring of Ellis.

I for one would like to see Trooper out of football altogether, but not counting my chickens yet
    Gus won't bring him back. I just can't see it happening. To have any chance at all of righting that ship, he MUST cut ties with every assistant that was their under chizik. Otherwise, he'd just be defeating the purpose of cleaning house.

01/04/1926-08/11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I think what is hilarious is the assumption Gus is the terminator of CNS based off of two games where he went 1-1 with a victory margin of one point (2009, 2010 Iron Bowls). He had an off week before both games, the first was at home & the second had more to do with our turning the ball over & injuries than anything else.
    the first of those two games also had the convenient wreck on I-85 delaying our team for about 2 hours getting to the stadium. after their first three drives in that game, we beat the living crap out of their offense in 2009.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

His wife told him to

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Gus won't bring him back. I just can't see it happening. To have any chance at all of righting that ship, he MUST cut ties with every assistant that was their under chizik. Otherwise, he'd just be defeating the purpose of cleaning house.
    It would actually shock me if the towel-waver WASN'T brought back...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The conspiracy theories are out there because the powers that be at Auburn have done so much conspiring in the past.

BamaNation All-SEC Really Big Bama Fan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOAN View Post
    So how do you go about demoting the head coach and promoting the coordinator to head coach? While they are both working on the same team? I've never seen it that I can recall.
    Remember the replacement of Johnny Majors by Fat Phil at Tennessee? Coach Majors was not demoted; he was just stabbed in the back.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamapuppy View Post
    His wife told him to
    And Gus was like, "Shut up".