Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: To those who ask why Malzahn would take the AU job with the NCAA sniffing around.

Quote Originally Posted by mikes12 View Post
    AU has a nice retirement plan.
    Gus stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the other night. Woke up a genius and decided to go coach at Auburn.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: To those who ask why Malzahn would take the AU job with the NCAA sniffing around.

Is Trooper really gone? Link anyone.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by pigsinspace View Post
    The conspiracy theories are out there because the powers that be at Auburn have done so much conspiring in the past.
    Do you guys really believe the conspiracy theories espoused here? Maybe I'm naive but I generally don't go with conspiracy theories until they're proven correct -- at that time, it's not a conspiracy theory. Just curious.
    “That issue has gone under the bridge, under the next bridge, over the next dam and is gone.”
    -CNS

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    Did they just conveniently leave out 2011 in their assumption where the offense did not score a point?
    Actually, their offense hasn't scored on us since 2010. They ran back a kickoff and scored on defense in 2011 and failed to score in 2012. Just wanted to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    Do you guys really believe the conspiracy theories espoused here? Maybe I'm naive but I generally don't go with conspiracy theories until they're proven correct -- at that time, it's not a conspiracy theory. Just curious.
    I can only speak for myself, but as for me ... of course I don't. I do think there's quite likely something to the NCAA's continued interest in the Auburn program, and also to the belief that Auburn's boosters are too involved in the program for its own good.

But I think that almost all the zany, elaborate theories are ludicrous on the face of it. Espousing them, IMO, makes us Tide fans look like petty fools.

I guess we have a choice. We can subscribe to JessN's logic and follow the reasoning that the simplest explanation is usually the best. Or, we could believe that hidden evil genius puppet masters at Auburn have orchestrated an elaborate scheme to bring in Malzahn because "he knows where the bodies are buried."

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I think they want to bring back Malzahn because they think he can win football games. They recognize that competing against programs like Alabama, Georgia, and LSU in their current state using their own methods is an unwinnable battle. In 2010, they saw that an aggressive offense with a veteran O-line, a mediocre defense, a Heisman QB, and a raftload of lucky breaks could win a national championship. I think Malzahn gets a bad rap here just because he was at Auburn, and is not that far removed from high school coaching. He is, however, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and his system has shown that it works, even without Cam Newton at QB. The current situation at Auburn is dire, and it's hard to say anyone could get them competitive in a hurry, but Malzahn has as good a shot as anyone Auburn was likely to attract, including Petrino, in my opinion.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Run another trick play, female canine?

Maybe he is a little insecure (his wife hints at that), and he could end up bombing at Arkansas State after Freeze's touch fades, and I did not see money offered to him anywhere near Auburn. He took the $10 mil + guarantee that he might not ever see again. There is that chance, and he is a little insecure.

CT ...$10 mil + guarantee? where did that $$$ come from?