To those who ask why Malzahn would take the AU job with the NCAA sniffing around...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think what is hilarious is the assumption Gus is the terminator of CNS based off of two games where he went 1-1 with a victory margin of one point (2009, 2010 Iron Bowls). He had an off week before both games, the first was at home & the second had more to do with our turning the ball over & injuries than anything else.
the first of those two games also had the convenient wreck on I-85 delaying our team for about 2 hours getting to the stadium. after their first three drives in that game, we beat the living crap out of their offense in 2009.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Gus won't bring him back. I just can't see it happening. To have any chance at all of righting that ship, he MUST cut ties with every assistant that was their under chizik. Otherwise, he'd just be defeating the purpose of cleaning house.
It would actually shock me if the towel-waver WASN'T brought back...

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
The conspiracy theories are out there because the powers that be at Auburn have done so much conspiring in the past.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
The conspiracy theories are out there because the powers that be at Auburn have done so much conspiring in the past.
Do you guys really believe the conspiracy theories espoused here? Maybe I'm naive but I generally don't go with conspiracy theories until they're proven correct -- at that time, it's not a conspiracy theory. Just curious.

BamaGal99

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2011
Did they just conveniently leave out 2011 in their assumption where the offense did not score a point?
Actually, their offense hasn't scored on us since 2010. They ran back a kickoff and scored on defense in 2011 and failed to score in 2012. Just wanted to point that out. :biggrin:

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Do you guys really believe the conspiracy theories espoused here? Maybe I'm naive but I generally don't go with conspiracy theories until they're proven correct -- at that time, it's not a conspiracy theory. Just curious.
I can only speak for myself, but as for me ... of course I don't. I do think there's quite likely something to the NCAA's continued interest in the Auburn program, and also to the belief that Auburn's boosters are too involved in the program for its own good.

But I think that almost all the zany, elaborate theories are ludicrous on the face of it. Espousing them, IMO, makes us Tide fans look like petty fools.

I guess we have a choice. We can subscribe to JessN's logic and follow the reasoning that the simplest explanation is usually the best. Or, we could believe that hidden evil genius puppet masters at Auburn have orchestrated an elaborate scheme to bring in Malzahn because "he knows where the bodies are buried."

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I think they want to bring back Malzahn because they think he can win football games. They recognize that competing against programs like Alabama, Georgia, and LSU in their current state using their own methods is an unwinnable battle. In 2010, they saw that an aggressive offense with a veteran O-line, a mediocre defense, a Heisman QB, and a raftload of lucky breaks could win a national championship. I think Malzahn gets a bad rap here just because he was at Auburn, and is not that far removed from high school coaching. He is, however, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and his system has shown that it works, even without Cam Newton at QB. The current situation at Auburn is dire, and it's hard to say anyone could get them competitive in a hurry, but Malzahn has as good a shot as anyone Auburn was likely to attract, including Petrino, in my opinion.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Maybe he is a little insecure (his wife hints at that), and he could end up bombing at Arkansas State after Freeze's touch fades, and I did not see money offered to him anywhere near Auburn. He took the $10 mil + guarantee that he might not ever see again. There is that chance, and he is a little insecure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.