WR Eldridge Massington Commits to UCLA

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
Re: WR Eldridge Massington Updates

Looks like we can and probably will get him provided that we can find a spot for him to enroll early.

Numbers crunch is going to be close, though. We've already got several early enrollments lined up, and we are still courting Brandon Hill too.
I did not realize we were still after Brandon Hill. I thought that ship had sailed.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Eldridge Massington

kid is JUST outside the espnu 150...gotta find some room for him. likes the pro style offenses and said "i love alabama" :p_green:
I may be wrong but I think this spot is down to R. Foster and Massington with Foster higher on the board. We may take both but I don't think so.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005

Alabama intel says EM is a long shot at this point. not sure if true. may have to do with early enrollment numbers crunch.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

WR Eldridge Massington of West Mesquite, Texas made an official to Alabama last weekend and then to UCLA from Monday through yesterday. The 6-3, 200-pound Massington told TI late last night via text that Alabama coaches called him twice last night while a coach from another school was at his home. He is supposed to speak with Alabama coaches today. Massington needs a spot to enroll in Janaury. All sources indicate that Alabama is highly interested in taking Massington if a spot opens. Massington is a physical receiver who goes up and gets the ball. Very polished in that regard.

Looks like if we want him he is ours. He has already said that UA is #1 on his list. Also read last night where Kiffin reached out to Saban about him and hoping he could be an EE at UA. I assume more because Kiffin does not want to play against him. AI I believe is thinking getting him an EE spot is why they think he is a long shot. Everything I have read is if UA offers him a spot for Jan he is UAs. I also read the staff also wants R Foster still and neither have to do with the other.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I hope we can squeeze him in and go ahead and take him, especially in case we miss on Robert Foster. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush...

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

I hope we can squeeze him in and go ahead and take him, especially in case we miss on Robert Foster. A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush...
Well i think friday we will know foster's decision so maybe we will make his day after that if foster stays home. It will be hard to bring him on as an EE.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Have to see how things play out with Foster before we know for certain, but I tend to doubt we take Massington at this point. Early enrollment slots are extremely limited right now, and barring a last-second defection from that camp I just don't really see it.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

New article, same info... He's ours if we have room... While it's great to have the problem where you have too many good players wanting to come play for you, it is beginning to remind me of playing a video game and having a 70 player roster limit... I guess it helps build parody...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ma-ucla-arizona-state-visits-nearing-decision
Look no further than API for an excellent example of "parody" in action. :biggrin:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

What are the limitations for early enrollees ?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

That is probably the plan if we don't get Foster..........:cool2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I have no info, but I wonder if Dee Hart might take a medical. He is still on crutches, and I have to wonder if his knees will hold up to a full season. I hope he is able to come back for his sake though. If so, that might open up a spot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.