Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I used to love college basketball. But it's become all about the tournament and the interest just isn't there for me this time of the year. Plus Gottfried really run the program into the gutter. Another factor that really makes it frustrating to watch is the ineptness of the referees. It's ten times worse than football.
    Plus there's 3X number of teams and there's just not many TV games out of state.

2. Advertisement

Re: With The Lull In Football Can We Please Support Basketball?!

After watching the game last night, I am not expecting a return trip to the NCAA tournament anytime soon.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    That's "Dayton" for you basketball fans!
    Not a big JR fan, always pulled for 24.

I'm still trying to regain my passion after my personal boycott of the last few years of the Gottfried disaster.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    After watching the game last night, I am not expecting a return trip to the NCAA tournament anytime soon.
    Where were you able to watch the game?

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I'm still trying to regain my passion after my personal boycott of the last few years of the Gottfried disaster.
    Looks like he came out smelling like a rose huh?

I might start watching basketball if they'll put the pole back under the basket.

I support Alabama basketball.
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

As many of you know, I have had season tix for years to Bama Basketball so I support it not just with my money, but my heart too. I have only missed one home game in 2 years. I started going when Mr. Personality David Hobbs was the coach so I've been going for a while now.

I'll say this, the crowds have been as good as I have ever seen for the fall games. The students are showing up in bigger numbers than I have ever seen. If we can ever put a truly superior product on the court, I think Bama Basketball can co-exist and even thrive at Bama. But we have an athletic administration who has proven time and again they could care less about any sport other than football.

I have been a major proponent of a new arena for years and have been thoroughly rebuffed on this board for it. We have the 4th or 5th best basketball arena in the state and by far have the most attendance of any team in the state, but that is totally another matter for another thread. We do need something to generate some excitement in our fan base for basketball.

We have a very average team right now unless we get healthy in a hurry.
    Last edited by Rama Jama; December 6th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

BamaNation All-SEC

I do too...
    why cant BOTH sports be good at Bama...

Anythony Grant has done wonders for the B'Ball program in two years...he can take it far if we help by showing interest...thats what will get the kids excited about playing here...

look at Florida...

Roll Tide, Im rooting for ya...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    Where were you able to watch the game?
    It was on CSS.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I started going when Mr. Personality David Hobbs was the coach
    Wow, you really are a fan.

I have been a major proponent of a new arena for years and have been thoroughly rebuffed on this board for it. We have the 4th or 5th best basketball arena in the state and by far have the most attendance of any team in the state, but that is totally another matter for another thread. We do need something to generate some excitement in our fan base for basketball.
    Which arenas in the state would you say are better?

Obviously, basketball is always going to be a distant second in this state and in Tuscaloosa. One problem is, especially in years like this, the football team gets all the attention and with the season now running until January 7th instead of New Year's Day, even the early SEC games are ignored.

What would it take to get more attention from the big wigs for basketball (and baseball)? Are we just going to have to wait until Mal Moore retires?

Quote Originally Posted by We_are_Bama View Post
    It was on CSS.
    Figures. Comcast here took CSS off a couple of months ago. I registered my complaint to no avail.