Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: With The Lull In Football Can We Please Support Basketball?!

I love Alabama basketball and watch them whenever they are on TV. I'll admit though, I'm no where near as knowledgeable about basketball and the history of basketball as I am about football because I don't follow it as closely. The problem I have with the basketball board here on TideFans is that unless you are 100% knowledgeable about b-ball and can quote stat after stat you are basically told to stay on the football board so, that is what I do (unless it is to say "great game", "good win", or "tough loss"). Some of the hardcore b-ball fans here are a little harsh at times towards those who are not as hardcore IMO so, why bother. I mean no offense to anyone, just stating how I feel and why I don't post much on the b-ball board.

2. Advertisement

I am a basketball season ticket holder....support this year has been decent so far. I tend to think that Coleman is a good venue. I think basketball excitement doesn't build in the early season because of the typically very poor home schedule.
    Bama 870-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I am a basketball season ticket holder....support this year has been decent so far. I tend to think that Coleman is a good venue. I think basketball excitement doesn't build in the early season because of the typically very poor home schedule.
    Yes I agree but we need to stop losing our home games. Easier said than done but nothing keeps people away faster than a lack off success. I think Dayton was pretty good though and I think this team has some potential.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When football is completely over, my interest in basketball will increase. Until then I only having a slight interest.
    Basketball’s biggest problem is the best part is the last 5 minutes.
    Due to the current workload, the light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily turned off.

BamaNation Second Team Condor 63's Avatar
    My Mood
    Grumpy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    The 4 better arena's are in no particular order are, Auburn,s USA's, UAB's, and the BJCC. I've been in the arenas at USA, UAB and the BJCC.
    UAB's IMO - Blah. Went there for a hoops game or two and the SEC Gymnastics Championship a few years back. I think it is cookie cutter. The half-filled with UAB mopes situation might be part of it.

I went to the Bama-Oke St. game last year and I had truly forgotten what a great hoops site the BJCC is. Great crowd for that game. It was disapointing the crowd was so crappy for the SEC/Big East Challenge in '07. Had a blast at the game but I was one of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Yes I agree but we need to stop losing our home games. Easier said than done but nothing keeps people away faster than a lack off success. I think Dayton was pretty good though and I think this team has some potential.
    We were badly crippled with Engstrom and Steele out. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for a quick return of Steele, who's had bad injury luck his whole career. I have hopes that, with ten days rest, Carl will be back...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    We were badly crippled with Engstrom and Steele out. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for a quick return of Steele, who's had bad injury luck his whole career. I have hopes that, with ten days rest, Carl will be back...
    If this team is dependent on Engstrom and Steele for success, then we are done for the year.

Not meant to be a knock on those guys, but in year 4 of CAG, we should be WELL past that point

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I love Alabama but I've never been a big fan if basketball. I gave up years ago. We've been to the elite eight (the farthest any Bama team has ever advanced) once only to get stomped by the eventual national champ UCONN. The sweet 16 is about the best we can do as Alabama has proven time and time again. We will never be the top dog in SEC mens basketball. We are a football school.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    I love Alabama but I've never been a big fan if basketball. I gave up years ago. We've been to the elite eight (the farthest any Bama team has ever advanced) once only to get stomped by the eventual national champ UCONN. The sweet 16 is about the best we can do as Alabama has proven time and time again. We will never be the top dog in SEC mens basketball. We are a football school.
    Mentalities and attitudes like this make me want to violate the profanity rule

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    What I do not, cannot, never will, understand is that segment that calls themselves Alabama fans, yet not only has no interest in sports like Basketball - they seem to REVEL in rubbing their lack of support in people's faces.

IF you support The University, why are you not wanting excellence in all endeavors?
    Since you disliked my post (as well as others) I'm assuming you're implying that I'm one of the ones you think revels in the fact that I'm not a supporting the BB team. That's not true. As my post said, I wish all of Alabama's sports well and I hope they win every game. That doesn't mean I have to be a fan of many of them and doesn't mean that I have to follow them. We have a basketball forum for people who want to discuss basketball.

I'm as equally puzzled why people have such a problem discussing our biggest rival that we play every year and recruit against every day in the sport of football on the football board forum...
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    Figures. Comcast here took CSS off a couple of months ago. I registered my complaint to no avail.
    It was also on Espn3. Sometimes there are blackout issues with that but it was working here in SC.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Sip this was poorly timed. If casual fans actually got interested and turned on the Dayton game they will think we are terrible and probably not watch another game. Haven't seen that bad of defense out of a team under Grant in a while. It was pretty tough to watch at times as they ran down the court and beat the press over and over.

I hope the women's soccer team wins the national championship, but don't ask me to watch any of their matches. Does that make me a bad Alabama fan?