With The Lull In Football Can We Please Support Basketball?!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I love Alabama but I've never been a big fan if basketball. I gave up years ago. We've been to the elite eight (the farthest any Bama team has ever advanced) once only to get stomped by the eventual national champ UCONN. The sweet 16 is about the best we can do as Alabama has proven time and time again. We will never be the top dog in SEC mens basketball. We are a football school.
Then we can't be good in women's gymnastics or women's softball either right? Or men's golf? After all we're a "football school".

lafella

Hall of Fame
Nov 27, 2006
Baldwin County, AL.
I do love to watch and listen to basketball. I keep up with it during football season but I really get into after football season and between bowls. I don't post as much in the basketball forum because I honestly am not as educated in the sport as some of the other posters so I mainly read and enjoy. I always have high hopes for them

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I love Bama basketball. My issue is the people that dont support, but moan and groan when we lose a game or a recruit. I hate playing teams like Dayton b/c they are a match up problem. We trap on defense. They have 2-3 sometimes 4 players on court at the same time that csn knock down a three. Yes, some people get told to stay off of the bball board during tight moments in the game. For those that don't know we've come in 2nd to a lot of top recruits. They all say the same thing. "I like Coach Grant. Alabama is recruiting me the hardest of any school. I like the atmosphere and fan support at School B better."

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I love Bama basketball. My issue is the people that dont support, but moan and groan when we lose a game or a recruit. I hate playing teams like Dayton b/c they are a match up problem. We trap on defense. They have 2-3 sometimes 4 players on court at the same time that csn knock down a three. Yes, some people get told to stay off of the bball board during tight moments in the game. For those that don't know we've come in 2nd to a lot of top recruits. They all say the same thing. "I like Coach Grant. Alabama is recruiting me the hardest of any school. I like the atmosphere and fan support at School B better."
Good point. Kids want to play in front of a great crowd, not an empty seat.

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
count me in for not caring about basketball....and don't paint with a broad brush if someone is differant than you. I don't care for it and I don't complain about it. I played the game in High school.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.