With The Lull In Football Can We Please Support Basketball?!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
After watching the game last night, I am not expecting a return trip to the NCAA tournament anytime soon.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
As many of you know, I have had season tix for years to Bama Basketball so I support it not just with my money, but my heart too. I have only missed one home game in 2 years. I started going when Mr. Personality David Hobbs was the coach so I've been going for a while now.

I'll say this, the crowds have been as good as I have ever seen for the fall games. The students are showing up in bigger numbers than I have ever seen. If we can ever put a truly superior product on the court, I think Bama Basketball can co-exist and even thrive at Bama. But we have an athletic administration who has proven time and again they could care less about any sport other than football.

I have been a major proponent of a new arena for years and have been thoroughly rebuffed on this board for it. We have the 4th or 5th best basketball arena in the state and by far have the most attendance of any team in the state, but that is totally another matter for another thread. We do need something to generate some excitement in our fan base for basketball.

We have a very average team right now unless we get healthy in a hurry.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I do too...
why cant BOTH sports be good at Bama...

Anythony Grant has done wonders for the B'Ball program in two years...he can take it far if we help by showing interest...thats what will get the kids excited about playing here...

look at Florida...

Roll Tide, Im rooting for ya...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I started going when Mr. Personality David Hobbs was the coach
Wow, you really are a fan.
I have been a major proponent of a new arena for years and have been thoroughly rebuffed on this board for it. We have the 4th or 5th best basketball arena in the state and by far have the most attendance of any team in the state, but that is totally another matter for another thread. We do need something to generate some excitement in our fan base for basketball.
Which arenas in the state would you say are better?

Obviously, basketball is always going to be a distant second in this state and in Tuscaloosa. One problem is, especially in years like this, the football team gets all the attention and with the season now running until January 7th instead of New Year's Day, even the early SEC games are ignored.

What would it take to get more attention from the big wigs for basketball (and baseball)? Are we just going to have to wait until Mal Moore retires?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I imagine any "no" is from people who have zero basketball interest, and who would have no occasion to gripe about basketball.
What I do not, cannot, never will, understand is that segment that calls themselves Alabama fans, yet not only has no interest in sports like Basketball - they seem to REVEL in rubbing their lack of support in people's faces.

IF you support The University, why are you not wanting excellence in all endeavors?

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
I'm trying to find out when we play Talladega, the best physically conditioned team we'll face. I've heard those guys run like 500 laps a day :)
Just need to stop them from going to their left, and we will be ok

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
As many of you know, I have had season tix for years to Bama Basketball so I support it not just with my money, but my heart too. I have only missed one home game in 2 years. I started going when Mr. Personality David Hobbs was the coach so I've been going for a while now.

I'll say this, the crowds have been as good as I have ever seen for the fall games. The students are showing up in bigger numbers than I have ever seen. If we can ever put a truly superior product on the court, I think Bama Basketball can co-exist and even thrive at Bama. But we have an athletic administration who has proven time and again they could care less about any sport other than football.

We have a very average team right now unless we get healthy in a hurry.
You're a great fan my man!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Everybody likes a winner. The softball team packs the stadium when they play...so does gymnastics.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
I find it hard to get into basketball until football is over with, I keep up with them that's about it until after January.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Wow, you really are a fan.

Which arenas in the state would you say are better?

Obviously, basketball is always going to be a distant second in this state and in Tuscaloosa. One problem is, especially in years like this, the football team gets all the attention and with the season now running until January 7th instead of New Year's Day, even the early SEC games are ignored.

What would it take to get more attention from the big wigs for basketball (and baseball)? Are we just going to have to wait until Mal Moore retires?
The 4 better arena's are in no particular order are, Auburn,s USA's, UAB's, and the BJCC. I've been in the arenas at USA, UAB and the BJCC. Haven't been in Aubies new arena, but I can only assume it is better. I hear there is a nice one in Huntsville as well, but I haven't been there so I don't know.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.