Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SEC Scheduling (LSU Conspiracy Theories)

I've been reading some other team's boards (unfortunately), and one of the things the LSU people are up in arms about is that they have to play UGA next year. They say we should have to play them instead of Kentucky. Anyone know anything about this?

2. Advertisement

Re: SEC Scheduling (LSU Conspiracy Theories)

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I've been reading some other team's boards (unfortunately), and one of the things the LSU people are up in arms about is that they have to play UGA next year. They say we should have to play them instead of Kentucky. Anyone know anything about this?
    After the way we've been screwed over in this conference, no other team has a right to complain, much less the Hogs...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

So what happened? Did they just rework the schedule to accommodate A&M and Mizzou?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama playing 6 straight SEC teams off a bye to end the season: A-OK.

Alabama getting some good fortune from the schedule in 2012 and 2013: TRAVESTY THE SEC NEEDS TO FIX THIS!

BamaNation All-American RollTideMang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Speaking of schedules, I just noticed we play Chattanooga and Georgia State next season. Is one of them going to be moving up to FBS next year, or are we going to be playing 2 FCS schools? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think GSU will be in the Sun Belt next season like South Alabama this year.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I think Alabama suffered from the scheduling monster for several years where it added up across consecutive seasons where Alabama played like 14-15 SEC teams coming off their byes. At one point Alabama played 6 consecutive SEC teams coming off their bye.

I wouldn't bother with too many LSU internet fans. It is quite funny how they commonly call us "arrogant" yet I have found they are about as arrogant as they come. They love the "we play down to our competition" phrase. How convenient. Trust me, it's not that any team is better than LSU. NOOOO!!!! That is impossible. They just "play down to their competition". Anytime they win it's because they are so great. But anytime Bama wins (against any team) go look at their boards. Excuse, after excuse after excuse of how "lucky" Bama was and "they're not really that good" etc. It kills them to say Alabama is good. That is why they come up with all this conspiracy theory mess. Yet I can't tell you how many games I've watched (against other teams besides Bama) where they benefited from non calls or calls that shouldn't have been called on the other team that helped them.

They've handled success the wrong way. Obnoxious is being kind.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I was just trying to find out what happened. I'm guessing it has to do with the addition of A&M and Mizzou.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamabuzzard View Post
    i think alabama suffered from the scheduling monster for several years where it added up across consecutive seasons where alabama played like 14-15 sec teams coming off their byes. At one point alabama played 6 consecutive sec teams coming off their bye.

I wouldn't bother with too many lsu internet fans. It is quite funny how they commonly call us "arrogant" yet i have found they are about as arrogant as they come. They love the "we play down to our competition" phrase. How convenient. Trust me, it's not that any team is better than lsu. Noooo!!!! That is impossible. They just "play down to their competition". Anytime they win it's because they are so great. But anytime bama wins (against any team) go look at their boards. Excuse, after excuse after excuse of how "lucky" bama was and "they're not really that good" etc. It kills them to say alabama is good. That is why they come up with all this conspiracy theory mess. Yet i can't tell you how many games i've watched (against other teams besides bama) where they benefited from non calls or calls that shouldn't have been called on the other team that helped them.

They've handled success the wrong way. Obnoxious is being kind.
    but alabama never gets called for holding! 51 rushes and no holding penalties!

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    but alabama never gets called for holding! 51 rushes and no holding penalties!
    barners go to bed angry every night with this thought process. pathetic.

In 2009, Alabama played 8 SEC teams. 7 of those teams went bowling.

We also played a 10-win Va Tech team
    We were also the only team to beat not 1 but 2 teams (facing two 13-win teams) - Texas & Florida.

Number of Alabama fans whining about too tough a schedule or unfair: 0

Besides, we played Florida last year and everyone said we got off easy! Now we don't play them and we get off easy!

Remember kids - SEC schedulers are psychic.
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by thefloydian View Post
    I assume it has something to do with the fact that before A&M and Mizzou came to the SEC our home and home with Georgia would've been this year and next year. They got replaced with Mizzou

Quote Originally Posted by skrayper77 View Post
    In 2009, Alabama played 8 SEC teams. 7 of those teams went bowling.

We also played a 10-win Va Tech team
    We were also the only team to beat not 1 but 2 teams (facing two 13-win teams) - Texas & Florida.
    Alabama's SoS was #2 that year. #1 was Miss. State who had to play Alabama...

In 2010 Alabama had to face an insane number of teams coming off of bye weeks (and I believe all their losses were in fact against teams coming off of bye weeks) and on top of that it was also the 14th most difficult schedule in the country.

Alabama has had more than their fare share of difficult schedules.